Main Menu

Alan Moore and the honours list

Started by robprosser, 25 May, 2007, 02:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robprosser

robprosser

[YT-2]

so if you're a fan the best thing you can do is annoy the person whose work you like.

Tweak72

weeeeel it is Alan Moore
what i mean is he has annoyed me over the years by being accually 100% right for all the moral high ground he has taken that has ended up meaning i dont get to read more of his comics
the git
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Adrian Bamforth

It would be interesting for The Queen to award such honours to the man who has told of how her relatives hired Jack The Ripper to kill prostitutes.

robprosser

I think Lord Alan would gain some small satisfaction in turning down an MBE. It would be another hectare of moral ground for him to claim.

VampiraJen

so if you're a fan the best thing you can do is annoy the person whose work you like

i'm fairly certain it was suppose to be a joke

It would be interesting for The Queen to award such honours to the man who has told of how her relatives hired Jack The Ripper to kill prostitutes.

that would annoy her.  Do it!!!  DO IT NOW!!! (that's not a joke.)

VampiraJen

though having said that, i cant imagine the queen having read or being familiar with from hell...

[YT-2]

>though having said that, i cant imagine the queen having read or being familiar with from hell.

I hear she much prefers DR & Quinch

VampiraJen

mad a though - if this is for the pm, by the time this is over, gordon brown will probably be pm and he's so out of touch with british culture he probably has no idea who alan more is and still thinks comics are for kids.

Richmond Clements

I hear she much prefers DR & Quinch

Big Dave, surely? She was in it after all...

JOE SOAP

He could be the Queen's new magician/astrologer just like John Dee was to Elizabeth.

Floyd-the-k

ba, I can't sign this, due to being a non-Pom

VampiraJen

well, that's what you get for not being a part of the mighty britich empire:)

anyway, i though the queen was on your money, so surely you can have some say in who she gives an honor to...

VampiraJen

hmm...do you thing my typo of british was a subconcious thing...?