Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: James Stacey on 29 January, 2013, 01:05:01 PM
Mr Crichlow has put some of his Trifecta art on his site for sale.

http://www.carlcritchlow.com/TrifectaSale.html

I've gotta wait for the outcome of an MOT before I even look too hard :S

Thanks for that heads up about this earlier James, I contacted Carl regarding Trifecta page 15, but ended up buying the iconic page 1 in the end.

Can't wait til the post arrives!

Colin YNWA

Well with all my talk of wish lists, which I have now created one and its so impossibly long... anyway as I already have a lovely Carl Critchlow Dredd page he didn't feature (well not on Dredd I will get a Lobster Random page at some point). So I have my eye on a few Colin Wilson pages and BANG this comes along and I'm buying them 'cos they're there again.

Well that's not strictly true now is it. This is a very significant Dredd story and so I'm really chuffed to have purchased one of the pages. I went for the opposite end to Link Prime and choose page 28. I almost went for page 25 but as I said (typed) to Carl, there a quite a few pages of Dredd being kick ass (but man does he look so very kick ass here) and not so many featuring all three of the main characters from his story and I love that cityscape. Can't wait to get it.

Thanks for the heads up James really appreciated.

So there you go my latest purchase an early 41st Birthday present to myself. Now to replenish the funds so I can get back to those Colin Wilson pages...

ming

Good stuff, Colin - glad to see you've wisely chosen to ignore all the advice I offered :lol:

Heh, no - makes sense to me, really.  As for Colin Wilson, if these are pages from Royd (who pops in here from time to time) why not drop him a line and see if he'll put something on hold for you?  I'm fairly sure he'll be happy to do that.

Colin YNWA

Yeah they are Royd's pages. I've got it down to 5 (!) to select from and was wondering about contacting him as I've noticed a number of pages on hold since creating my wish list and did wonder if I should do that.

I had enough trouble picking my Trifecta page today I think I'll leave a final decision for the Colin Wilson page until another day as I just looked at them all (via comicartfans pages) again just now and I decided that, yes I love them all and will sell my body so I can get them all... I think it might have to be organs as I suspect the other way won't raise much... ahem ... anyway sorry...

Ming if its any consolation my wish list exists AND I e-mailed Scott McCloud about some Zot! pages and had a lovely (and as it turns out convenient) reply saying he hopes to get sorted selling what he has sometime next year.

I hope you are proud by your humble student oh master. 

malak brood

Hi Colin,

post up some images when you have made the dirty deal  :lol: I would like to see some of those panels up close, they look great. 

ming

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 30 January, 2013, 12:23:41 PMI hope you are proud by your humble student oh master.

If only you knew, Grasshopper...  :)

I have no new art to share and there's nothing on the horizon for me for a while, so in case anyone missed it I'll post this Dave Gibbons Rogue concept piece that I picked up last year:

Previously posted (along with the accompanying series notes typed up by Mr. G.) here: http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=36541.0

hippynumber1

malak brood

ah its a wonderful prelim/concept piece Ming! I have a couple of the rough pencil sketches and they are amongst the cheapest and most satisfying pieces I have.  I bought them early in my collecting frenzy and they give you the feeling that you are owning a really important part of the 'process'.  I have them framed very simply alongside a description of the overall RT concept and storyline.  This one is the step beyond and is really terrific.....

ming

Quote from: malak brood on 31 January, 2013, 08:45:24 PM...alongside a description of the overall RT concept and storyline.

Is that just a copy of something that's been published, or something else?  Sounds great, anyway!  I just remembered I was going to try to get some 'Rogue memories' from Cam to add to the comments from Colin Wilson.  I should probably ask Dave Gibbons as well, but I think his side of things is probably fairly well documented.

When are you going to start hurting our brains with your lovely art?

:o

malak brood

oh people don't want to see my collection, there is too much good stuff here already....maybe if I pick up a couple of new bits??  I seem to remember there was a really good description of the RT story and backdrop with pictures of the roughs in one of the 2000ad annuals back in the day which i kinda may have possibly borrowed (couldn't comment)...not sure which one tho.....

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: ming on 31 January, 2013, 08:20:22 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 30 January, 2013, 12:23:41 PMI hope you are proud by your humble student oh master.

If only you knew, Grasshopper...  :)

I have no new art to share and there's nothing on the horizon for me for a while, so in case anyone missed it I'll post this Dave Gibbons Rogue concept piece that I picked up last year:

Previously posted (along with the accompanying series notes typed up by Mr. G.) here: http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=36541.0

I saw that 20 or more yrs ago...I've always thought that a stunning work... I noticed something about Gibbons work recently, no matter how far back you go, there's almost no change in his work (even in to the fanzine art of the 70's). It's as though his work has always been 'mature'...certainly when compared to everybody else on those same progs...very strange and quite brilliant. It's all still very current.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Spikes

Quote from: malak brood on 31 January, 2013, 10:40:16 PM
oh people don't want to see my collection, there is too much good stuff here already....maybe if I pick up a couple of new bits?? 

Tease! Pimp away - your amongst friends now,  ;)

Fatboydale

not sure if i have listed this page before , but somebody wanted to see it ...

Link Prime

Indeed I did.
Cheers Dale, fantastic stuff.

Colin YNWA

Here's the latest page I've bought. The last page of Trifecta from the mighty Carl Critchlow (I've used the scan he sent me as I don't have a scanner). Its lovely.