Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

2000AD and Tornado Prog 161: "Find the Judge Child or your city dies!"

The end of Blackhawk, forever.  The end of Fiends of the Eastern Front (for a few decades, anyway).

sheridan

2000AD and Tornado Prog 162: "Bring me da head of Sam Slade!" The hunt is on for Robo-Hunter

Zero is back!  Zero is also MACH!  Oh, and there's a new judge appearing, Hershey.  Maybe you've heard of her?

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD and Tornado Prog 165: "Wuuurgh!" A nightmare comes to life! See MACH Zero

Everyone's a Squaxx now!

Oh, and that planet that Yoda lives on is called Dagobath, apparently - which is funny, 'coz that's what Luke did the moment he landed there!

sheridan

2000AD Prog 167: Comic Rock First Release: Terror Tube – This comic should be played at 45 R.P.M.

Nemesis Book III started within the first month or so of my buying 2000AD and it hooked me - this is our introduction to Termight!

sheridan

2000AD and Tornado Prog 168: CRIME "Any questions?"

Dredd has to have a sit down.  Luckily he has warwheels on his side!

sheridan

2000AD and Tornado Prog 169: A Scene from the Civil War in Post-Atomic America

Just looking at it I've missed a few bits - shall have to sort it out later, but now is not a good time.

sheridan

2000AD and Tornado Prog 170: Dredd Meets – The Necromancer! "It is useless to resist, little man – you have been judged DEAD!"

I make a prediction (incorrect, as it happens) on what 'judgement is coming' is all about.

Oh, and some guy from Northampton writes a four-pager.

Oh, oh, and Judge Dredd is properly killed - not just injured.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sheridan on 09 January, 2020, 11:06:28 AM

Still can't believe what a throw-away moment that is! It's not even made clear that he was dead until the following week, after he's been resurrected!
@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 09 January, 2020, 11:22:27 AM

Still can't believe what a throw-away moment that is! It's not even made clear that he was dead until the following week, after he's been resurrected!
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 09 January, 2020, 11:22:27 AM

I know, right?

Meanwhile, I just filled in the missing bits (the paragraph on Wolfie Smith and the grailquote) for Prog 169 - as I wrote it I remembered I'd already written it - wordpress must have swallowed it before posting the first time...

sheridan

2000AD Sci-Fi Special 1980: Judge Dredd – he ain't heavy, he's the law! Tharg meets Harry Harrison!

Move over Alvin Gaunt, here comes A A Grant!  And Steve Dillon!  And that chap from Northampton in this week's prog also makes an appearance, either before or after Killer in the Cab, depending on not-too-clear publication dates...

sheridan

2000AD and Tornado Prog 171: The Stainless Steel Rat Saves the World

Simon Pegg (not that one)* counts the pages.
It's confirmed, Judge Dredd is dead (as it wasn't clear at the end of the previous prog).  Any dramatic tension is reduced because the confirmation is in the same panel where he's brought back to life...
Grailquote is between John Howard and TB Grover ;)

* though that one was almost definitely reading the progs by this time.