Main Menu

Original 2000ad Scripts Thread

Started by Skullmo, 22 July, 2013, 12:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Well, we have the original art thread, but not yet an original scripts thread!

For all you 2000ad fans who like to see the creative process here is the original script from Leviathan's Farewell - one of my favourite Anderson stories and one for which I own all the original art. This was written by that writer of 2000ad classics Alan Grant.  :P

Does anyone else have any old scripts?

It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

Fatboydale

This is part 1 or America Script ....

Simon Beigh

Armitage: The Mancunian Candidate Prologue page 9, frames 5, 6 and 7 (Meg 285).

John Cooper drew a frame on the back of this Dave Stone script (he drew Pt 1, page 5, frames 5).

You can view the artwork here (although sadly Frame 5 is missing): http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1026037

Spikes

Lovely stuff all, and a great little sneaky peek into the whole process.  :thumbsup:
Love owt like this. Ming's Rogue Outline was stunning to see, and read.

Didnt somebody mention they had a script, plus some photocopied images supplied to the artist, for idea's as to how a certain character should look? (Trouty?).

Stu101

Thanks for the insite Skullmo.
I've often wondered if the scripts were collected with as much passion as the artwork, to own both would be lovely.
Are they also on ebay (other auction sites are also available, I presume) or is contact with the scribes directly?

Skullmo

I got my one along with the original art. It was the copy Mick Austin used. It is lovely to see both together.

ming

Fascinating stuff; we really don't get to see enough of this kind of thing.

Quote from: Judge Jack on 23 July, 2013, 04:41:06 PMLove owt like this. Ming's Rogue Outline was stunning to see, and read.

I thought about posting this here so I guess I may as well do it.  Not a script, but early concept-stage text typed up by Dave Gibbons (along with that inked character design):

Greg M.

Great stuff, chaps. I've got the complete Alan Grant script for the 1991 Annual Dredd story 'Sleeping Mutie'. Here's the first page - I'll stick up more if you want:

I've also got the original Paul Marshall art for the same story, starting here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=665903

Oddly though, I didn't buy them together - the art came first, from Dale. Much later, the script appeared on eBay and someone (might've been the seller? Can't remember!) emailed me to point it out so I could unite 'em.

Sideshow Bob

Now that is definitely something GregM,
The original artwork and the original script.......Wow !!!

I'd love to see more of this, so I can compare the script with what has been drawn.....
That has got to be a collectors 'grail'....Artwork and the original script..........Amazing !!  :o
"Sleeping Mutie".............Love it !!
Cheers...
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Greg M.

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 24 July, 2013, 12:29:34 PM
I'd love to see more of this, so I can compare the script with what has been drawn.....

Ok, Bob, here's the rest of it:

o1s1n

Great thread! Keep em coming guys :) Something I've always been interested in but never actually seen.

Sideshow Bob

Brilliant stuff !!
And absolutely fascinating as well ......just love how the artists' form the page from the writers' version..
Many thanks for that GregM........Really enjoyed that !! :D
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

JOE SOAP

Ian Gibson's starting to put up some of Alan Moore's preliminary notes for Halo Jones

Graff Vynda K

These are fascinating! More, please.

...and if there's any market for these, I'd definitely be interested; as Bob said, to match script and art...really interesting insight into the creative process.