Main Menu

Constantine TV show to be directed by Neil Marshall

Started by JamesC, 31 January, 2014, 03:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Lesbian Seagull on 12 May, 2015, 02:18:46 PM
I wouldn't be so sure, as Lucifer sounds like it'll be pretty much identical to Constantine, right down to being based on a Vertigo comic.

Never read so much as a single of panel of Lucifer — it span out of Sandman after I'd become so thoroughly nauseated by that title's smug, self-satisfied, twee, faux-literary pretensions* that anything associated with it was immediately tainted by association.

Cheers

Jim

*I freely concede that this may be a minority opinion.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Theblazeuk

Lucifer was anything but twee. Main character was smug of course.

Can't see how it could be the same as Constantine though Lucifer doesn't give even the slightest of damns about anything other than himself.

SmallBlueThing

*I freely concede that this may be a minority opinion.

If it is,  it's one I share wholeheartedly. Sandman being one of the few comics I find genuinely toe-curling.
Admittedly,  the other ones of that few are also written by Neil Gaiman. And Paul Cornell.

SBT

Colin YNWA

I believe the term is I don't have a horse in this race, but I know you fellas seem to like the show a lot so while not wishing to spark needless specualtion the source on this couldn't be better and there does at least appear to be hope.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/13/will-constantine-find-a-new-home-tomorrow/

COMMANDO FORCES

It's finished!

Quote"Constantine's" battle for survival has come to an end, as announced by Executive Producer Daniel Cerone in a message to fans via Twitter and TwitLonger.

"The cast and writers of Constantine are being released from their contracts," Cerone said in his message. "The studio tried to find a new home for the show, for which we're forever grateful, but those efforts didn't pan out. I'm sorry, I wasn't provided any information on the attempts to sell the show elsewhere. All I can report is that the show is over."

Cerone also discussed the passion of the writers involved and concluded by thanking the dedicated fans and expressing his regret over not being able to deliver them more.

"To leave such a significant, dedicated and active fan base on the table -- that's the real sadness. You all deserve many years of the series we set out to make, and we're disappointed that we couldn't deliver that to you. The good news is that Constantine will live on for years in many more forms. But our time as caretakers has ended."

Developed by Cerone and David S. Goyer for NBC, "Constantine" starred Matt Ryan as the titular hero and aired for 13 episodes. NBC decided not to renew the series for a second season, which promoted Warner Bros. Television to shop the series around to other networks.

Dunk!

Shame, show had promise, but not one to get misty-eyed over and go "What if?" in years to come.

Next up: Lucifer.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

pictsy

I saw the Lucifer trailer.  It looks terrible.  A police procedural with a quirky twist.  It's likely to last a good six or so seasons.

Professor Bear

Everything I've seen makes it look identical to Forever, which was recently cancelled.  Make of that what you will.

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

8-Ball

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 19 July, 2015, 11:19:05 AM
Could jolly John be appearing in Arrow?

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/constantine-arrow-season-4-crossover-possibility-1201492462/

I hope not. I remember when Fox cancelled Millennium and so Chris Carter tried to shoehorn that show's main character Frank Black into The X-Files to give it some closure. Didn't work.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

COMMANDO FORCES

It's finally been confirmed by Constantine himself. He'll be in one episode of The Arrow.

COMMANDO FORCES

Dunk!

On a separate note the Lucifer pilot was excellent.

Yes, angels and demons again - I think there's a "winged human" plugin for Maya now - but all just done with the charm and wit that Constantine should've had.

Look forward to the series.

Dunk!
"Trust we"