Main Menu

Spider-Man (2012) Reboot

Started by Goaty, 13 January, 2011, 09:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 20 July, 2011, 06:58:23 PM
As I just said on the Hi-Ex Blog http://hiexcomics.blogspot.com/2011/07/amazing-spider-man-trailer.html, people seem to be able to accept DC rebooting their entire range, but someone doing it with one movie has them up in arms...

What's just as incredible about all this is that it'll be 10 years since that origin story was last done in film.  That means there are 10 year olds who hadn't even been born when the first film was in the cinema, never mind all the younger ones.  Don't they deserve the opportunity to have a new Spider-Man movie for them?  I'd love, for instance, to be able to take my kid to a rebooted Star Wars movie for his first-ever SW cinema outing, rather than just the 3D version of Phantom Menace.

Mudcrab

10 years???? Jebus, didn't realise it was that long. Oh well, I'll take back my exasperation a bit then  :lol:

Doesn't time fly these days?
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

JOE SOAP

Goaty

You means this;

But UnTold Story? as what? last Spider-man was 10 years ago!

Goaty

Now there is new website with featured photos, check the Spider-man's boots!

http://theamazingspiderman.com/

Also new banners!

Goaty

IAMTHESYSTEM

Looks a little darker than Sam Raimi's effort. I think the most unusual thing [ or most interesting thing] about it might be Rhys Ifans Dr Curt Connors.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Mardroid

That first clip was amusing... although I couldn't hear much.

The third one though... why do these things assume that just because someone is suddenly stronger that means they would apply more force for the same mundane actions? Okay, for  gag effect. Guess I answered my own question there.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Mardroid on 02 April, 2012, 08:54:28 PM

The third one though... why do these things assume that just because someone is suddenly stronger that means they would apply more force for the same mundane actions?

because they don't know yet, especially when it happens overnight?

dracula1

I've a feeling this one may get overshadowed by the big guns of Avengers and Dark Knight Rises. I'm still looking forward to seeing this though!

Mardroid

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 02 April, 2012, 09:23:02 PM

The third one though... why do these things assume that just because someone is suddenly stronger that means they would apply more force for the same mundane actions?

That doesn't really hold up. Just because you suddenly have super strength doesn't mean you'd automatically apply more pressure when you turn on the tap (or whatever), or at least not so much as to wreck it. Unless you're in the habit of using excessive force to do those things all the time.

Come to think of it, you might go a good while without really being aware at all until your limits are tested. Not that I'm saying a film should follow that route, a bit of poetic licence is required.

JOE SOAP

That depends on the nature/source of that strength. He has got the DNA of a spider spliced with his own, so awareness may not be equivalent with the way his body/mind relationship functioned previously. As you say it's licence.

Buddy

No-one moaning about the flashing web spinners?

Give it time.....

Matt Timson

Quote from: Mardroid on 03 April, 2012, 01:00:34 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 02 April, 2012, 09:23:02 PM

That doesn't really hold up. Just because you suddenly have super strength doesn't mean you'd automatically apply more pressure when you turn on the tap (or whatever), or at least not so much as to wreck it. Unless you're in the habit of using excessive force to do those things all the time.

Come to think of it, you might go a good while without really being aware at all until your limits are tested. Not that I'm saying a film should follow that route, a bit of poetic licence is required.

Have you ever gone to pick something up that you think is heavier than it actually is? Same principle. After heaving our toddler around, the first time I picked up the new baby, I nearly threw him through the roof. See also: Empty egg boxes.
Pffft...