Main Menu

Judda teleporters

Started by CalHab, 03 February, 2016, 01:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 03 February, 2016, 05:52:57 PM
I thought all the judda were Fargo / Dredd clones rather than Judd clones

The Judda were cloned from at least 8 different people:

I like TordelBack's theory about Kraken being an unadulterated Fargo clone, but the Fargo clone in Oz (Simeon) is the same size as his fellow Judda. McCarthy depicts Zalmon as at least 20% larger than Dredd and Bruce:

McCarthy's art is so expressive it's easy to write that off as an idiosyncrasy, but Will Simpson's more representational style clearly shows the Judda to be giants ... then muddies the waters by drawing Judd the same size as his creations (and significantly bigger than Dredd). Michael Carroll needs to write a flashback story that explains Judd suffered from Snoke syndrome, and felt he needed to be at least as big as his GM troops to command their respect.

JayzusB.Christ

Ah, OK.  I remembered wrongly.  I thought it was a bit odd that they'd show that guy's face if he was meant to be a Dredd clone (not that we haven't had a blatantly helmetless Fargo portrait in the past).

Lobo; I'm guessing they were designed by Brendan rather than his brother Jim?  They have a serious Brendan McCarthy look about them (even when they're not drawn by him).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Steve Green

Quote from: James Dilworth on 03 February, 2016, 05:53:41 PM
I remember a story drawn by Mick McMahon where, right at the start,  Dredd rides his Lawmaster out of a teleporter and promptly arrests someone for littering.

Also, has McMahon retired now?  He pretty much quit the internet not that long ago.

He's doing a crap job of it if he has - he's working on some commissions and got other work on the go as well.