Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

The funny thing is they once claimed to me they couldn't bump my Dredd sub to earlier in the schedule encase they were not authorised to take more than one DD in a calendar month. (Hogwash, of course.)

Fungus

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 18 March, 2019, 12:14:44 PM
The funny thing is they once claimed to me they couldn't bump my Dredd sub to earlier in the schedule encase they were not authorised to take more than one DD in a calendar month. (Hogwash, of course.)

Interrupted my own question on this. Isn't the Direct Debit Guarantee thing very particular about detail, setting which day of the month, to protect all parties? Taking double payments, even if they've gotten behind, when it suits them, sounds borderline illegal...

As a non-subscriber, this thread has a morbid fascination  :o

Tomwe

The hachette subs pages have finally updated with an entry. For 1st March. None for Feb. Actually, 1st of March puts it back on the original track before there was any delay.

Tomontherun94

Has anyone got a corrected spine copy of The Horned God yet? I requested one around the same time I asked them to replace issues 39 and 40. No sign of 39/40 yet but I did just get replacement for Horned God. Only problem is it's another faulty version. Looks like it was ripped straight off the card backing board too.

Tomwe

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 21 March, 2019, 12:32:33 PM
Has anyone got a corrected spine copy of The Horned God yet? I requested one around the same time I asked them to replace issues 39 and 40. No sign of 39/40 yet but I did just get replacement for Horned God. Only problem is it's another faulty version. Looks like it was ripped straight off the card backing board too.
Nothing here yet. I'll post if one ever turns up, their last comment to me on the matter was:
Issue i reprinted is now available , we have sent you a replacement allow 7-14 days for this issue to arrive.

Super Mario

Bad Company is so good. First time I've read it. Hope the next volume comes quickly.

sintec

Quote from: Super Mario on 22 March, 2019, 07:38:25 PM
Bad Company is so good. First time I've read it. Hope the next volume comes quickly.

I think it's due ~July this year.  Of course that will mean different things depending on whether you're a postal subscriber or if you pick yours up from a local thrill merchant

Super Mario

Post, but I really don't keep track of when they're due so it's always a nice surprise when they show up. The Shakara gap has been painful.

athorist

Quote from: Super Mario on 24 March, 2019, 08:12:17 PM
Post, but I really don't keep track of when they're due so it's always a nice surprise when they show up. The Shakara gap has been painful.

I re-read Shakara vol 1 a few months ago, and I'm still waiting. The worst part is that I didn't even know it was two volumes, I think they were a bit sneaky in not making that clear for one of the first issues. (Which I think is also the reason why The Horned God didn't get a volume number, aside from starting with volume 4).

You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

IndigoPrime

It's the nature of artworks. The first Marvel one did this all the time, and had a number of other relative flaws, including some pretty skinny volumes. (They did one thing I wish 2000 AD and the Dredd books had done, though – catch-up pages when there were gaps in the story.)

robert_ellis

Really impressed by Nemesis the Warlock vol 4. I think it's all in there - poster prog, Tubular Hells, Deadlock, Forbidden Planet etc. A truly stunning volume. Was Torq's second honeymoon from Annual 1988 always in b&w?

IndigoPrime

sheridan

Quote from: robert_ellis on 26 March, 2019, 07:10:25 PM
Really impressed by Nemesis the Warlock vol 4. I think it's all in there - poster prog, Tubular Hells, Deadlock, Forbidden Planet etc. A truly stunning volume. Was Torq's second honeymoon from Annual 1988 always in b&w?

Official release date on the Hachette website is today, and was down to last four remaining copies by half past midnight - was there a really low print-run, or is this just a really popular volume?

IndigoPrime

Judging by this and other partworks, the print runs are now lower, presumably due to far fewer shops stocking the books. I'd recommend that anyone who wants the books buys them immediately (through Hachette or Forbidden Planet, say) now, rather than wait. I made that mistake with a Transformers one recently, resulting in a set of fraught emails to various comic shops, and then having to go to Reading to pick up a copy one of my local stores had managed to source.

I had to go to Reading. Do not make that mistake yourself, readers.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.