Main Menu

Seriously Misread Solicitations

Started by Tjm86, 26 June, 2018, 06:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

So, glancing at Multiversity today, they had an article about Dark Horse's upcoming solicitations.  Not being completely with it, I misread it as "Disney Frozen and Predator" as a single title.  Now part of me was thinking, WTF, and another was thinking, that would be a mashup to enjoy!  Considering how staid and boring comics seem to be becoming, more of that sort of thing would make for fun times, no?

Colin YNWA

JamesC

Aren't Predators vulnerable to cold?
My money's on Elsa.

sheridan

Quote from: JamesC on 27 June, 2018, 01:29:25 PM
My money's on Elsa.

They certainly like the heat...
Quote from: Anna GonsalvesWhen I was little, we found a man. He looked like... like, butchered. The old woman in the village crossed themselves... and whispered crazy things- strange things. "El Diablo cazador de hombres." Only in the hottest years this happens- and this year, it grows hot. We begin finding our men. We found them sometimes without their skins... and sometimes much, much worse. ..."El cazador trofeo de los hombres" means "the demon who makes trophies of men".

...though...

wedgeski

Great screenie. Look at that! AvP is mostly an okay film, but that final battle is amazing.

TordelBack

Quote from: sheridan on 28 June, 2018, 12:40:10 AM

So what you're saying is that the cold never bothered them anyway...? 

Had to break my silence after one hour, didn't I.  Resuming stealth mode.

Hawkmumbler

Still disappointed that Di Campi series wasn't Jimmy Saville visiting Riverdale and getting embroiled in a manhunt over harassing Betty and Veronica.

Wrong Predator, alas.

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 June, 2018, 11:16:00 AM

So what you're saying is that the cold never bothered them anyway...? 

Had to break my silence after one hour, didn't I.  Resuming stealth mode.

Maybe it's like Brits who go to hot places for holiday but then return to the UK to shiver through the rest of the year (and something I've never understood, why do they wait until there's a heatwave in this country before going to another place that's hot all year around?  If I was a sun-worshipper I'd go in the middle of winter!)

Mardroid

I also figured that since the hunts in AvP* occurred in a big heated pyramid, the weather was irrelevant. I know they ended up outside, but I'm sure that wasn't the predators plan.

* A film, I also rather liked. Sequel, not sure much with the lighting issues. I found it very difficult differentiating the predators and predalien.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: JamesC on 27 June, 2018, 01:29:25 PM
My money's on Elsa.

They certainly like the heat...
Quote from: Anna GonsalvesWhen I was little, we found a man. He looked like... like, butchered. The old woman in the village crossed themselves... and whispered crazy things- strange things. "El Diablo cazador de hombres." Only in the hottest years this happens- and this year, it grows hot. We begin finding our men. We found them sometimes without their skins... and sometimes much, much worse. ..."El cazador trofeo de los hombres" means "the demon who makes trophies of men".

...though...

I always understood that line as "makes troughs of men" i.e. scoops out their insides.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!