Main Menu

Help a comic starved geek

Started by Mr C, 23 November, 2006, 01:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr C

Hello all, Just today I realised that I haven't bought any comics including 2000ad for about seven months! This situation cannot go on any longer, without comics I'm in danger of being relegated down the nerd food chain.

So can I have reccomendations of good comics for when I go to the comic shop on Saturday? What's hot, what's not, any good new comics and classics that I've missed, all are welcome.

Cheers!

Leigh S

Mikey

Bloody hell!You are a comic starved geek alright...

I can recommend is the last 7 months of 200ad and I have recently enjoyed The Walking Dead books available-which include the Adlard droid on art.

That and Devlin Waugh Book 1 for Swimming in Blood which I read recently once more-it's yer actual classic story,that.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Mikey

Bloody hell!You are a comic starved geek alright...

I can recommend is the last 7 months of 200ad and I have recently enjoyed The Walking Dead books available-which include the Adlard droid on art.

That and Devlin Waugh Book 1 for Swimming in Blood which I read recently once more-it's yer actual classic story,that.

M.

judge dreddd

Trout

Hi Chris!

I'm liking The Boys by Garth Ennis, which is up to about ish 4 or 5 now.

I don't want to start another huge debate, but I also like Grant Morrison's Batman and All Star Superman.

The Walking Dead's a good recommendation, too.

- Trout

Rob Spalding

Garth Ennis' Punisher.  Buy the trades and catch up!

wrighty47

The Killer

A 10 part maxi series, reprinting the French classic noirish story of a hitman, and is being released in english by Archaia Studios Press.

Only the first issue is currently out.

And it's superb!

Read about it at

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=005716

or have a look online (tho it's better in print) at

http://www.submarinechannel.com/content/killer/index.html

Alan!

Tiplodocus

"but I also like Grant Morrison's Batman and All Star Superman. "

Amen to that your Aquatic Majesty.  

I'd add ALL-STAR BATMAN but just for the very pretty pictures (it's not a very dense read).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

I, Cosh

I don't want to start another huge debate, but I also like Grant Morrison's Batman

I was going to post a knee-jerk response to this comment. Then I decided to sit down and read through the story so far. I was surprised to find that it's actually pretty good, with the fight in the Pop Art exhibition being particularly clever. Strange that I didn't particularly any of the single issues when I bought them.
We never really die.

BrianO

Walking Dead. Great Story. And about £7 a book good value. Plus only 5 books so far, so when you get obsessed and want to buy them all just to see who survives, you don't have many to get.
Plus No-one's ever said anything bad about it.

radiator

Plus No-one's ever said anything bad about it.

I was indifferent towards it. Got the first trade and didn't think it was anything special - nothing that made me want to buy the second.

Matt Timson

All Star Superman is great, if a little infrequent.  Wait for the trade.
Pffft...

Mikey

"Got the first trade and didn't think it was anything special"

I bought the first two together as the first was rather slim and I think that helped getting into it.

M.

Bolt-01

Chris: Send me your address and I'll send you an emergency box.

It is all odds n sods, but you can just read 'em and pass 'em on.

Bolt-01