Main Menu

Harry 20 (years later) on the High Rock?

Started by Tweak72, 26 November, 2009, 08:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: Emperor on 15 April, 2010, 06:34:02 PM
Quote from: Noisybast on 27 November, 2009, 10:18:22 AM
Quote from: worldshown on 26 November, 2009, 10:58:33 PM
Incidentally, I enjoyed Harry 20 when it was first in the comic but I felt it had become quite corny by the time it was reprinted in the Meg, especially all the joke names like Swede 16 and Root 66.
Let's not forget "Big Red 1"...
I still don't get this. Anyone care to explain?
I don't think there's much to get. He was big and red (plus he had a red one on his uniform) and there was a film released a couple of years previously called The Big Red One.

If I've missed something I'll see you on "how could I be so stupid" thread.
We never really die.

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 26 November, 2009, 08:48:14 PM
I know I'll be shouted at, but I think it's one of the worst series in Twoth's history (that wasn't written by M Fliesher or starred Tao De Moto).

Gayest post ever.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

LARF

I was speaking with Bolt about this very subject back in Bristol last year. My idea was to start the story off as a New Thrill and have a pilot lost in space after doing a random warp jump to escape pirates/his past etc. etc. and he jumps to a planet where he finds the High Rock orbiting a planet and the prisoners living on the surface below having made peace with the indeginous lifeforms and colonising the place. Harry is the leader and everything seems to be idillic, but after a while it's obvious some of the more violent convicts are missing and it comes to pass that Harry has exiled them / emprisoned them somewhere else on the planet. The pilot, using information gained from the High Rocks computer systems, finds his way back to Earth and tells the authorities etc. etc.

I also had the idea of Harry married to one of the aliens and the alien giving birth to his Human/Alien hybrid child who was prophesised to lead the Aliens to greatness, and that's when the Earth fleet turns up to take the convicts back into custody.

The idea was based loosely around the story of the Bounty, with a captain Blyth type figure leading the Earths forces getting in with a rival Alien tribe but with a hidden agenda of stripping the planets resources to help an overburdened Earth.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: The Cosh on 15 April, 2010, 08:05:17 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 15 April, 2010, 06:34:02 PM
Quote from: Noisybast on 27 November, 2009, 10:18:22 AM
Quote from: worldshown on 26 November, 2009, 10:58:33 PM
Incidentally, I enjoyed Harry 20 when it was first in the comic but I felt it had become quite corny by the time it was reprinted in the Meg, especially all the joke names like Swede 16 and Root 66.
Let's not forget "Big Red 1"...
I still don't get this. Anyone care to explain?
I don't think there's much to get. He was big and red (plus he had a red one on his uniform) and there was a film released a couple of years previously called The Big Red One.

If I've missed something I'll see you on "how could I be so stupid" thread.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080437/

Colin YNWA

Well somehow I'd never heard of that film, which is weird given the cast, but it looks very interesting and so now is on the family Taylor's DVD rental list!

Emperor

Ah well if that is it then I don't feel so bad - I've been trying to figure it out as a piece of wordplay, as in Bigger Edwon.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Judge Olde

Ol Harry 20. Loved it & will have a re-read soon inspired by this thread. However I think some wishes are best left un-granted. I always wished for 'More' Star Wars before George 'Cock' Lucas fucked it all up...

ambrose

ya I will always remember the shock of Harrys cell mate peel off his face to see an android and the wardens voice.What a story.Ya a re-visit to the high rock would be weird ::)
Ambrosia