Main Menu

Bristol Expo 2006 - 13-14 May

Started by nick-is-at-home, 07 May, 2006, 11:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

I was thinking "Heeeere's Johnny!!!!" - Shelley Duval, be very afraid.
STRIKE !!!

Queen Firey-Bou

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2259/2464/320/2006_0514Image0117.1.jpg>
ahh whos these lovely lads !

its now occuring to me that there was lots of message boarders there who i didnt knowingly meet, guess thats what i get for having a seive brain.

big hurrah ! to all the lads & few lassies, great to catch up with everyone, especially in a much less freaky frame of mind than the last con.
big thanks to the good & wise folks who bought WILD WEST WENDY.
big Thanks to Tharg for his very helpful input, its good to get an honest crit from the top... I've now given up drawing & taken up writing.

my daughters are chuffed to bits with the solar wind shenanagans.

the small press stuff i grabbed is great. well done everyone.

James

I think I saw you, Bou. You were the wee scary looking tattooed Scot, yeah?

I think I was standing next to you at the nice FutureQuake stand where I met the nice FutureQuake lads.

Queen Firey-Bou

ha ha !  you be the smiley chap with very short fair/ blond hair ? last day ?

and i'm glad someone still appriciates my fake scots accent and scaryiness... but WEE?!

they are jolly nice tho arent they.

James

No, on the saturday. And i'm 6'3" so erevyone's wee from where I am.

And I thought Molcher would be taller too.

paulvonscott

Hey Vicky, glad the girls liked the strip, I was worried they would scream and faint when they saw it :p

I enjoyed WWW, even though it was a bit naughy (I can live with that), though it was very violent!

James, yes, you were very tall.  Nice meeting you and everyone else for the first time.  Or in some cases the second time, but I finally worked out who you were and managed to remember it.

I have some photos too, and I'll upload them sooner or later.

Richmond Clements

Naughty??

All that stuffs in the bible, man!
Glad you like it, Paul.

Tiplodocus

Photostrip Solar Wind 7?

Here was me just wondering why I'd not being asked for a contribution and then thinking maybe I had been and I'd been my usual tardy idiotic self and not sent anything off.

Now it all makes sense...

I'll be ordering some of these here comics very shortly...
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Queen Firey-Bou

...con withdrawal... need... MORE VIOLENCE !!.... Gnarlllll

paulvonscott

Sorry guys, I've had a few slightly hurt responses to the news of Solar Wind 7.  

All I will say is that I was a bit fed up of comic hassles.  In 2005, putting out two different comics had finally become more than I could cope with on my own (yes, Tharg does make it look easy, but I'm not from Betelgeuse).  So I wanted to do something as a nice surprise for everyone, and something that was purely a bit of fun on my behalf and not a serious issue.

Getting nominated for an Eagle Award, made me regret that decision, but it was too late by that point.

Obviously no artists were needed, and I only told those people who I thought were up for photostrips.  I did ask everyone for contributions in a small way, but only a small bunch of people responded.

Apathy, the silent killer...

Anyway, I'm told it's a really fun issue by independant 3rd parties, so I hope people really enjoy it.

Cheers

Paul

longmanshort

And i'm 6'3" so erevyone's wee from where I am. And I thought Molcher would be taller too.

I may just be 6' 4", but I can kick your midget ass any day of the week ;-P
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Carlsborg Expert

I kept wanting to tell Ush about a little Spanish looking place opposite my first nights stay. It was round the corner to the right and back of the Ramada.

It has big letters on it that spell out;-

Ushers.

I kept wanting to tell him but kept forgetting.

House of Usher

Spooky. I'll have to see if it's still there next year.
STRIKE !!!

Bolt-01

PVS: I read SW07 yesterday and it was superb. I laughed my ass off!

Loved the opening story and the amazing appearance of cosmic Ray.

Bolt-01

Aaron Smurf Murphy

Molchers not that tall. I'm 6'5". I dwarf 'im.

And he wears silly silver hats.

Finn Sinn