Main Menu

Scotland's Newest Comic Mart ? PRESTONPANDEMONIUM

Started by paulvonscott, 17 June, 2006, 11:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Just noticed this on another forum.  I might be tempted to do it as a nice day out if anyone I know would be up for going along...  

Scotland's Newest Comic Mart ? PRESTONPANDEMONIUM ? takes place on SATURDAY JULY 22ND - 11.00 a.m.? 3.00 p.m. upstairs in THE PRESTOUNGRANGE GOTHENBURG (a.k.a. "The Goth"), 227-229 HIGH STREET,
PRESTONPANS, EH32 9BE

Free admission to Scotland's newest comic mart, in a family-friendly arts venue & microbrewery, minutes from Edinburgh's bypass serving real ales by the seaside?what more could you ask for?

Tables still available

Further info www.prestonpandemonium.com

Link: http://www.prestonpandemonium.com/" target="_blank">Here it is

Carlsborg Expert

I can't make it.

Picture looks good.

Carlsborg Expert

http://www.prestonpandemonium.com/medium_prestonpandemonium_logo.jpg">

paulvonscott

I am now confimred to be going to this.  Hey, it's a day out.

If anyone wants to come, please do, it'll be fun.

Also, I may be staying over Saturday night, sa  chance for some beers.

Plus, anyone has any comics they want me to sell, just say.  I don't want a %'age, but I would take any return postage out of sales (if any).

Satanist

Shee-ite. I might be able to go but then I might be in Ireland. Have to double check that.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

starscape

I'll certainly come along if possible (think it should be).  Probably more likely as a visitor but maybe as an exhibitor.  Beautiful little place too.

I, Cosh

I might cycle out if it's a nice day.
We never really die.

Proudhuff

The Goth is a great wee venue,my pal regularly plays there in a band (Yard of Ale)...  But I come from the toon nearby, and I would advise caution about leaving anything of value lying about, either inside or particularly outside the venue,if you see what I mean...

Muss Huff

DDT did a job on me

GordonR

I'm glad someone mentioned the reputation of Prestonpans, aka 'The Pans', aka 'The Town That Dreaded Sunset'.

I just about choked on my cornflakes when someone described it here as "a beautiful little place."

The last time a friend and I were driving through the place, our journey was temporarily interrupted by the locals attacking the gypsies in the vehicles in front of us.

WoD

Ahh...change of holiday plans for me then...

paulvonscott

I was planning to spend the night there, I may just make sure I'm out by sunset.

I'll also watch The Hills Have Eyes for some basic survival tips.

starscape

Well, it has been 30 years since I was there.  'Twas a beautiful little place then.  Has it really changed so much?  And will the shop still have the bumper book of space comics?

Chris

GordonR

I don't want to put anyone off - I'm vaguely thinking about going too - but if you're going along expecting Moniaive-on-sea, then you'll be in for a big shock.

As my fellow Edinburgher Proudhuff suggested, some caution may be advised in some parts of the town.

Satanist

Still dont know if I can make it. If not let me know how you all survive, erm, get on.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

paulvonscott

Well, it sounds pretty like many run down slightly deprived coastal places to me.  I was at the delightful Seaton Carew on Tuesday, paddling in the shadow of a nuclear powerplant.  

Hartlepool has its problems too, but it still made for a nice day out.

I'm going with no real expectations, just fancied a day out really.