Main Menu

ANOTHER DREDD PHOTO

Started by JOE SOAP, 16 December, 2011, 05:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR. ELIMINATOR

Also because it was pretty good.

Molch-R

Again, you're not comparing like with like. Drive isn't Dredd, and requires an entirely different marketing strategy.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 22 December, 2011, 07:58:09 PM
Take the recent film 'Drive' that was by no means a major blockbuster but it opened really well due to hype on the internet and and gained a cult following.

That hype wasn't down to any massive official push and it only began a few months before release; as I said before it's word-of-mouth.

QuoteI am not saying it should be releasing trailers now as it would have a tough time competing, but setting these sites up would be a good idea, they seemed to have benefited movies recently.

...and it takes money -FOX/SONY/MGM- to run those social sites day-in/day-out, would you rather that money be spent on the film or running a bunch of forums? The official 2000AD forum can in some way serve that function with a push but next year is still time enough for Dredd. A New Year, a new film.

MR. ELIMINATOR

OK, ok, maybe it's just my impatience.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Though expendables 2 has got a website and a trailer, that is lionsgate and out only a month before dredd.

Molch-R

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 22 December, 2011, 08:12:23 PM
OK, ok, maybe it's just my impatience.

Totally understandable ;) But Expendables 2 is a sequel in an established franchise, completely different deal.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

JOE SOAP

I think the impatience is mostly down to the pushed back/delayed release date -end of September- probably because of too much competition in the first two quarters of 2012. If the film was to be released in the original rumoured schedule of Spring 2012, the marketing would be under way and this debate would never have arisen.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 22 December, 2011, 08:17:42 PM
Though expendables 2 has got a website and a trailer, that is lionsgate and out only a month before dredd.

and why would Lionsgate advertise competing films at the same time?

Psidude

some good points guys Molch-R works in PR so will have a better lay of the land then most,having grow up reading dredd and living 2000ad and coming on the forum.I  think other people will be like myself and want to see dredd above films like  batman  and the avengers! the truth is we are in the minority i hope dredd can ride batmans coattails and have a hit so more cash  can be pumped into a sequel :)     

CYCLOPZ

Does the release date fall on before or after the end of the world?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Anderson's Shame on 22 December, 2011, 10:58:43 PM
Does the release date fall on before or after the end of the world?

before.

dweezil2

The latest issue of Total Film features Dredd in it's 2012 film preview with what appears to be an enhanced version of the Dredd shot that was doing the rounds last year. It's also mentioned on the cover along with an article inside recommending which Judge Dredd case files to read if you're new to Mega-City One finest lawman.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

The Sherman Kid

The replies seem to be -
#1 This film does not compare to any other film in the known universe
#2 One guy in a broom cupboard updating a website whilst on his his break twice a day breaks all budgetary constraints.

Dredd is the greatest British comic character ever to be created (is it not?) and so the film should be an  'event' with a big build up and the marketing should reflect that.Does it?

PS The Expendables 'an established franchise'???Really?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 23 December, 2011, 12:18:27 AM
The replies seem to be -
#1 This film does not compare to any other film in the known universe
#2 One guy in a broom cupboard updating a website whilst on his his break twice a day breaks all budgetary constraints.

I think you'll find no one said that.

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 23 December, 2011, 12:18:27 AM
Dredd is the greatest British comic character ever to be created (is it not?) and so the film should be an  'event' with a big build up and the marketing should reflect that.Does it?

So why don't you give the Exchequer/Arts Council a call see if they care about supporting one of their prized 'culutral icons'?