Main Menu

Your favourite/not favourite comic artists

Started by spottedming, 25 May, 2012, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

Quote from: Syne on 28 May, 2012, 09:48:27 PM
I have a friend who says he use to buy English translations of some anthologies - Jump I think - in New York back ten years or so ago. 

Shonen Jump was published for a number of years as an example of the Japanese anthology format translated to English. But it was cancelled (in Western regions) a few months ago due to low sales (VIZ lost their contract with Walmart you see...) Shonen Jump was not a book I enjoyed very much, being all Shonen comics and all. Its now published digitally as Shonen Jump Alpha.

I was always disappointed that Jump didn't appeal to me, because the format was everything I desire in a comic book.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

GordyM

I'll pick up anything Mike Mignola draws. So bloody happy to have him back on Hellboy art duties! :D
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file