Main Menu

A serious question to Rebellion.

Started by Thread Zero, 17 December, 2001, 10:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

Dear Rebellion,

I would appreciate it if someone from Rebellion could just clarify whether or not you are still prepared to read Dredd Reckoning screenplays?

I understand Jason Kingsley is working with a screenwriter at present but are you also interested in reading other writers scripts?

If someone could just clarify this and email me at scojo@onetel.net.uk, I would be grateful.

Thank you.

scojo

pauljholden

While I can't speak for Rebellion, but given DCs recent stance on unsolicited submissions (they won't look at them any more) it's likely most companies will follow suit. (DC landed in trouble because they were sent an unsolicited idea which wasn't used, then, a few years later the idea turned up in a graphic novel. I'm sure this IS coincidence -- they idea was fairly generic - What if Superman was rocketed to Krypton from Earth! - so it's possible that more than one person would've come up with this.)

Most movie companies will only look at unsolicited submissions via an agent and since agents are sharks (frequently conning poor dumb sods into thinking they're literally minutes away from selling their script) I wouldn't even bother trying. Work begits work. You generally need to have some sort of reputation (preferably a good one) before most companies will even entertain the notion of your scripts.

-mr c