Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Large48

And to be fair to Clint, I could have (and probably have!) heard wrong............

So to be clear I have no issues with Clint over any artwork, just in case anyone thinks I have!

He has always been more than generous every time I have met him and hopefully this will continue in the future when he has some more artwork available.

:)
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

hippynumber1

Just had a thought that I should probably mention this here: I have 2 pages (4 and 5) from a story called 'Mr Macabre' from prog 314 with art by a certain Mr Belardinelli. I'm desperately searching for the 4 pages I'm missing so I can complete the story. I've tried silver-acre, CAF, Dale Jackson and everywhere else I can think of but to no avail. Any and all help hunting these pages down would be greatly appreciated...

Fatboydale

Quote from: Skullmo on 19 July, 2012, 12:45:05 AM
When I was a teenager and I could not afford art I just redrew the pages I really liked!

Here is part of my re-drawing of a page of Wynter by Kev Walker

Very well drawn , but unlike you i have no talent at drawing ,so i had to buy the Wynter pages

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=86971

Fatboydale

Quote from: Large48 on 19 July, 2012, 02:15:45 AM
And to be fair to Clint, I could have (and probably have!) heard wrong............

So to be clear I have no issues with Clint over any artwork, just in case anyone thinks I have!

He has always been more than generous every time I have met him and hopefully this will continue in the future when he has some more artwork available.

:)

I also wish to point out all the dealing i have had with Clint Langley has helpful & professional and this thread was slightly implying he was been dishonest , which is not the case !!!!!!!!!!!...just a simple unfair error ..

Now who's gonna tell Book palace their selling fakes ... :D

hippynumber1

They're not fakes, they're 'original coloured-in photocopies'!  :lol:

Skullmo

Quote from: Fatboydale on 19 July, 2012, 01:03:35 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 19 July, 2012, 12:45:05 AM
When I was a teenager and I could not afford art I just redrew the pages I really liked!

Here is part of my re-drawing of a page of Wynter by Kev Walker

Very well drawn , but unlike you i have no talent at drawing ,so i had to buy the Wynter pages

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=86971

Gorgeous!   :o

Some of Walker's best art IMO.

How about I teach you how to draw in exchange for these  ::)
It's a joke. I was joking.

ming

For some reason it's taken for ever to get around to scanning this page (it's mahoosive - required four scans on an A3 scanner just to fit it all in).  I still have to tweak the joins a little, but here's some lovely Ian Gibson Robo-Hunter action from the Day of the Droids...  I always loved those Gibson war-machine designs.

Spikes

Very nice bit o' Gibson that - i did wonder myself, why this page appeared to be the poor relation, in regards to your patented scans.
Some 2000ad art is just so large, isnt it.

opaque

I've got four of those Day of the Droids pages. Lovely aren't they :)

ming

Yeah, very nice work from Gibson, although I'd really love to find a Verdus page one day.  Some of my earliest 2000AD memories are tied up with that.

hippynumber1

Gibson is on my list of wants; that's a lovely page that!

SMUDGE10

Quote from: ming on 24 July, 2012, 05:26:36 PM
For some reason it's taken for ever to get around to scanning this page (it's mahoosive - required four scans on an A3 scanner just to fit it all in).

Please do a nosey chap a favour; measure it and give actual size dimensions for me?
Would be most kind of you!

I have seen Gibson originals but it was a long time ago. Am toying with the idea of drawing bigger myself y'see....

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
― Christopher Hitchens

Fatboydale

Quote from: ming on 24 July, 2012, 05:26:36 PM
For some reason it's taken for ever to get around to scanning this page (it's mahoosive - required four scans on an A3 scanner just to fit it all in).  I still have to tweak the joins a little, but here's some lovely Ian Gibson Robo-Hunter action from the Day of the Droids...  I always loved those Gibson war-machine designs.

nice , i remember back in the day when these were £10-£20 each ..

opaque

Quote from: SMUDGE10 on 24 July, 2012, 08:43:41 PM
Please do a nosey chap a favour; measure it and give actual size dimensions for me?
Would be most kind of you!

Just measured my pages and they are roughly 45cm wide and 63cm tall

SMUDGE10

Is that more Gibson pages?
Geez....that is MASSIVE...

Cheers.  :)
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
― Christopher Hitchens