Main Menu

Star Lord: 40 Years on

Started by McGurk76, 24 July, 2018, 06:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGurk76

Quote from: Magnetica on 25 July, 2018, 06:45:38 PM

I thought they meant Starlord....what on earth was "Tornado"?

Another short lived sister comic! Merged into 2000AS a year after SL.
Inferior in my view.

Richard

Starlord gave 2000AD Strontium Dog and Ro-busters.

Tornado gave us a story about a teenage boy in present-day England with shit mental powers, and a story about a Roman gladiator kidnapped by aliens. And Captain Klep.

Richard

I own a complete collection of 2000AD, the Megazine, Starlord, Crisis and Diceman. I have not bothered with Tornado.

norton canes

Quote from: Richard on 29 July, 2018, 10:05:45 PM
Starlord gave 2000AD Strontium Dog and Ro-busters.

Tornado gave us... a story about a Roman gladiator kidnapped by aliens

Which to be fair, metamorphosed into one of the weirdest and most wonderful (and brilliantly illustrated) series the prog has ever given us. 

sheridan

Quote from: Richard on 29 July, 2018, 10:07:03 PM
I own a complete collection of 2000AD, the Megazine, Starlord, Crisis and Diceman. I have not bothered with Tornado.

What about Revolver?

Richard

Revolver is not for me, but I'm half-tempted to buy it now just to further affirm my dislike of Tornado.

sheridan

Quote from: I, Cosh on 29 July, 2018, 08:47:31 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 July, 2018, 01:22:30 PM
Quote from: Tjm86 on 29 July, 2018, 01:10:48 PM
or a copy of the V for Vendetta single

Which is absolutely terrible, BTW.
Haven't checked if my copy of the Oink! rap survived the latest house move...

I'm guessing that Oink! (and the Oink Rap) are now IP of Rebellion.  Not seen any announcements of republishing yet (though with some early Charlie Brooker, and Frank Sidebottom, they'd surely be some interest).

sheridan

Quote from: Richard on 30 July, 2018, 12:43:05 PM
Revolver is not for me, but I'm half-tempted to buy it now just to further affirm my dislike of Tornado.

Well, there's only six or seven issues, and you'd get the beginning bits of Dare and Rogan Gosh (which ISTR were both completed in Crisis).

AlexF