Main Menu

Where The Wild Things Are trailer

Started by the shutdown man, 25 March, 2009, 10:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the shutdown man

//http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/wherethewildthingsare/

I haven't read the book, but a new Spike Jonze film is always a good thing (although saying that, it's been ages since the last one), and this looks great.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

JOE SOAP

Wonder how they fleshed out the book into a film?, probably family "issues" etc.

Looks beautiful.

ThryllSeekyr

They could actualley get away with not using any digital effects in this film which is the beauty of it, unless it's being done entirely by PIXAR.

Originally Tom Hanks was going to be the boy or the voice of the boy. There's been a few admendments to the casting choices since that time though.

ThryllSeekyr

So it's people wearing large appaddded suits, but their faces are digitially animated.

Not sure if the music from the trailer matches the themes of the story.

Bouwel

It looks very good but I agree the choice of music for the trailer is poor. They probably would have done better picking something by X-Ray Dog or Immediate Music.

-Bouwel-
(Who also hates American T.V. shows which have random thumping rock music in the background, even when it's something about WW2!)
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Devons Daddy

looks like an uplifting tale.
whats the background then? never read the book/s, is this is imaginary world which represents his real one, or is it real.

i like what i see already, shall be dragging son of DD along to see this.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

the shutdown man

Quote from: "Bouwel"It looks very good but I agree the choice of music for the trailer is poor. They probably would have done better picking something by X-Ray Dog or Immediate Music.

-Bouwel-
(Who also hates American T.V. shows which have random thumping rock music in the background, even when it's something about WW2!)

You don't think the kind of music they use for, off the top of my head, the latest Star Trek trailer, would be a little heavy for what appears to be a whimsical tale for children of all ages? ;)

Bouwel

I think Star trek is another one where the music doesn't fit. I dunno. It seems US trailers either have totally the wrong music or thumping rock with no in-between.
I must be getting old...

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

the shutdown man

Quote from: "Bouwel"I think Star trek is another one where the music doesn't fit. I dunno. It seems US trailers either have totally the wrong music or thumping rock with no in-between.
I must be getting old...

-Bouwel-

I quite like the Trek trailer music, it sounds suitably epic for the mood. I like a lot of X-Ray Dog's and Immediate Music's stuff when I hear it in trailers, I'm just not sure that something as big-sounding as they usually do would suit here.

Bouwel

They do have some more sedate items in thier catalogue. It just seems that everytime Immediate/X-Ray are used they pick the same, same old tracks over and over (Red Alert, Olympic, Black Pearl, Bounty Hunter, Tribal Drums). When you know the names you hear them every trip to the cinema!

-Bouwel-

JOE SOAP

I think the music is perfect, it's not a random choice I believe plus it's not a film entirely for kids either bu the looks of it.

Radbacker

That looks class, apparantly the director has been having trouble getting it past the studio bigwigs as the main kid Max is not hollywood enough (you know he probably acts ;ike a real kid).
Who of a certain age doesn't remember reading this as a kid?  

I dont really have any issue with the music either quite magical

CU Radbacker

Bouwel

As I remember (early 1970's) our trendy teachers wouldn't let us read this. Infact, I can't remember reading anything like that at school (at least until I was in 6th Form!).
 Sigh.

-Bouwel-

Matt Timson

One of my favourite books- I read it to Lottie all the time.  Of course, it only rakes about 5 minutes tops, so I expect there to be  a huge amount of padding.
Pffft...

Peter Wolf

I vaguely remember the book but never read it.

I thought the music was dreadful whoever it is and the creatures look like something by created by Jim Henson.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death