Main Menu

Favourite CLASSIC art droid - SEMI FINALS - Ron Smith or Cam Kennedy

Started by Colin YNWA, 03 February, 2021, 06:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huey2

shaolin_monkey

Watching this one with interest. Cam is barely in the lead.  Curious to hear how everyone decides their vote!

broodblik

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 03 February, 2021, 10:01:54 AM
Watching this one with interest. Cam is barely in the lead.  Curious to hear how everyone decides their vote!

Firstly Cam is my favourite artist. Ron Smith is a many sense the artists whom define MC-1 whereas Cam is the artist whom  defined Rogue. I just felt that Cam is much more versatile than Ron. Cam can do Dredd with the same scope as what Ron can. Ron's art on Rogue was good but never came to the same level as Cam's work on Rogue.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

ming

Quote from: broodblik on 03 February, 2021, 10:12:31 AM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 03 February, 2021, 10:01:54 AM

Firstly Cam is my favourite artist. Ron Smith is a many sense the artists whom define MC-1 whereas Cam is the artist whom  defined Rogue. I just felt that Cam is much more versatile than Ron. Cam can do Dredd with the same scope as what Ron can. Ron's art on Rogue was good but never came to the same level as Cam's work on Rogue.

I'd argue that in some ways Ron defined the Cits better (especially in terms of the oddities) but Cam breathed life into the Big Meg as a city better than anyone.  The whole 'city as a character' thing was typified by Cam's work and a lot of his best strips involve Dredd taking a back seat to the surrounding city in all its scruffy, seedy glory.

IndigoPrime

broodblik

@ming I see that Ron was the first artist that really expanded the whole MC-1 from the cityscape to the citizens. the other artists just start riding on his wave. Cam just added another layer especially with his work on Midnight Surfer. Cam did however did the best fatties of them all.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Sean SD

Swerty

Andrew_J

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

AlexF

I hear all the arguments saying Kennedy is the correct choice, but my heart's still pulling me over to Ron Smith. And it's very much for the lunatic fringe element that he bequeathed to Mega City 1.
(But yeah, for work outside of the world of Dredd, it'd be Kennedy by a country mile)