Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 26 January, 2014, 09:49:46 AM
It's 5 grand he wants! I'm no expert but £600/£700 tops I'd have thought...

£100 a page. So about the same price as a new page?
It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

The last Mitchell pages that were available didn't even sell for that.

Simon Beigh

I think 5 grand is ambitious - fair play to the chap for trying - but I think the six pages are worth a fair chunk of cash. Classic story - old school Dredd - there's a right price north of £700 but south of 5 grand I reckon...

ming

Paul / J3D1 on here owned those pages and only sold them recently.  Not sure of the price but I can guarantee it was a tiny fraction of what this loon is asking for.  Okay pages but these wouldn't attract much interest at any price, I think.

Wake

I'd definitely double that for a story of that age and profile. Not sure I'd want to treble it though.

hippynumber1

Quote from: Wake on 27 January, 2014, 12:12:02 PM

I'd definitely double that for a story of that age and profile. Not sure I'd want to treble it though.

This is why I'll never be an art dealer!  :lol:

Spikes

Quote from: ming on 26 January, 2014, 11:04:42 PM
Paul / J3D1 on here owned those pages and only sold them recently. 

Okay pages but these wouldn't attract much interest at any price, I think.

Harsh Mr Ming!

Not at any price? But nice pages - and story, and I do like a bit o' Barry. Old School.

And it was Paul that I bought my page from the other year, and I think I paid about £100 for it.

I think maybe Mark's price range is what id be happy to pay, if I was interested that is.

Not sure the seller's doing himself any favours though by having that price front and centre.
A good few folks will just simply switch off, but saying that, at least he's generated a bit of discussion on here.....

ming

Quote from: Judge Jack on 27 January, 2014, 06:22:43 PM
Quote from: ming on 26 January, 2014, 11:04:42 PM
Paul / J3D1 on here owned those pages and only sold them recently. 

Okay pages but these wouldn't attract much interest at any price, I think.

Harsh Mr Ming!

Not at any price? But nice pages - and story, and I do like a bit o' Barry. Old School.

Horses for courses, I suppose.  I just think there'd be fewer people interested in those pages than random Ezquerra, McMahon, Belardinelli, etc., and we all know how long some stuff often sits around on eBay these days, even when priced fairly low.

moldovangerbil

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: robcooknell on 10 February, 2014, 01:26:16 PM
Spot the obvious mistake.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-First-Issue-Comic-/261394513930?pt=UK_Books_comics_Magazines_UK_Comics_ET&hash=item3cdc53c00a

Number 1 with free space spinner!

Errrr.....................

Wasn't the space spinner red? I think that one is from Eagle?
Lock up your spoons!

COMMANDO FORCES

Just sent the person a prompt that this Space Spinner is not the original one. I wonder what their reply will be :think:

judgerussell

The sun faded the colour!!! Lol

gronk guy

cheeky monkey.

That's the grey space spinner that was given away with Eagle no. 1

[urlhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EAGLE-Comic-No-1-Date-27-03-1982-Inc-SPACE-SPINNER-Free-Gift-/331045436816?pt=UK_Books_comics_Magazines_UK_Comics_ET&hash=item4d13d87d90][/url]

Spikes

Nice looking Prog 1, by the looks of it. But yes - and not like the was any real doubt, the Spinner is the Eagle copy.