Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: clavell on 11 October, 2011, 12:09:11 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 11 October, 2011, 10:28:40 AM
Rebellion should have given my screenplays a chance. They were more faithful in spirit than Garland's generic Die Hard in a MC-1 block storyline. Jock emailed me not that long ago, we had a chat, and I reckon he would have been happy to have storyboarded a section of it (for a moderate fee, of course) had Rebellion given my screenplays a chance. Anyway, never mind. It wasn't to be. But it's sad to see another Judge Dredd film being ruined by people with no clear vision. Ultimately it comes down to that - a clear vision. Without that clear vision the film will end up a mess. And that seems to the case with Dredd 2012.

:(

scojo

I'd like to read that script of his. Anyone have a copy ?

- C

It's the 'had a chat with Jock' bit that gets me... 'happy to storyboard'... etc.....
I'd really like to hear Jocks take on that chat.

The Sherman Kid

Buddy - 'Jock' is just the name of one of his many imaginary friends, also the name of his pet hamster -Which one he was talking to remains unclear at this time.......

COMMANDO FORCES

I tweeted a link to reply #213 to Jock and his reply was
Quotemental

Goaty

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 11 October, 2011, 01:28:39 PM
Quotemental

Love that! Like when US Commander reply to German Commander "Nuts!"

johnnystress

has this been posted?

Here is the official statement from the Alex garland and Pete Travis - "During all stages of the filmmaking, Dredd has been a collaboration between a number of dedicated creative parties. From the outset we decided on an unorthodox collaboration to make the film. This situation has been misinterpreted. To set the record straight, Pete was not fired and remains a central part of the collaboration, and Alex is not seeking a co-director credit. We are all extremely proud of the film we have made, and respectfully suggest that it is judged on viewing when its released next yea

Goaty

Oh for god sake, Scojo or Scott Nestel is Dreddhead123 making a comment in Empireonline report today!

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32186

Goaty

Spaceghost

Quote from: Goaty on 11 October, 2011, 02:03:07 PM
Oh for god sake, Scojo or Scott Nestel is Dreddhead123 making a comment in Empireonline report today!

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32186

Ha Ha! Nice going Goaty and James! You showed that loser who the real fans are.

I'm going to sign up and stick it to him as well.

Let's have a Sc*j* watch. If anyone spots any of his demented burblings on a website, let us know on here and we can all sign up and out him as the raving lunatic that he is.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

SmallBlueThing

We should have some kind of agreed username, and prewritten text that we automatically just post in reply to his bollocks, whenever he pops up somewhere, along with an explanation of why this is necessary.

But written in such a way so as not to open this board up for accusations of cyberbullying.

SBT

Spaceghost

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 11 October, 2011, 02:29:29 PM
We should have some kind of agreed username, and prewritten text that we automatically just post in reply to his bollocks, whenever he pops up somewhere, along with an explanation of why this is necessary.

But written in such a way so as not to open this board up for accusations of cyberbullying.

SBT

Yes, I suppose we need to be careful of that.

I get so annoyed with him though. He keeps regurgetating the same old crap over and over again and he's so prolific that not only is he seemingly viewed as 'The Voice of Dredd Fans', he's also negatively colouring the opinion of casual punters about the new film.

Maybe, instead of drawing attention to him, we should just flood sites that he frequents with reasonable comments. At least then he'll look like he's in the minority.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Michaelvk

Bloody nora.. I did a bit of googling, and this individual has been around for quite a bit.. Found stuff going back to him being a toss way back in 2004.. Apparently he smells like cabbage. I found that entertaining.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Buddy

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 11 October, 2011, 01:28:39 PM
Quotemental

Yes... he really is.

I used to think he was just... you know.... mental in a kinda 'he's mental' kinda way.

But it's clear now he really is mental.

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 11 October, 2011, 02:29:29 PM

SBT

Let's unite to form the SCOJO TERROR DEFENSE team - or STD for short.

blackmocco

Well I've always been approaching the movie like any good Irishman should: Assume it's going to be pants, lowering any expectation whatsoever so I can't be disappointed with what I get. (Mind you, I tried that approach with Conan and it didn't help.)

This update from Garland and Travis isn't going to do anything to change my thinking. Still think it's just damage-control in the end. Of all the movies that get made every single year that no doubt have blazing disagreements between producers, screenwriters, directors and actors most of those stories don't leak out to the public without elements of truth attached.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com