Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonk

Why's that radiator, work, or are you emigrating?
coming at a cinema near you soon

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 23 January, 2012, 04:26:37 PM
Weirdly, there's a chance that I might be living in America by the time Dredd comes out!

Extradition huh.

Buddy

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 23 January, 2012, 04:17:16 PM
Seeing as there's next to no chance of it playing first run at my local odeon, and only a scant possibility of it playing evenings for a week second run, id imagine i'll rent it on dvd about xmastime.

SBT

There's a thought... will it be out on DVD/Bluray by Xmas.

With a September theatrical release date I'd doubt it would be.

Anyone know if a DVD date has been set yet?? (assuming it isn't straight to DVD!!)

vzzbux

Why do people keep saying straight to DVD. Have you got cloth in your ears or something.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

JOE SOAP

Word from John Wagner:

The reshoots went well and the editing, I'm told, is now complete. VFX are looking cool. They expect to have the score, sound and other technical stuff finished in February.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 23 January, 2012, 08:46:07 PM
Word from John Wagner:

The reshoots went well and the editing, I'm told, is now complete. VFX are looking cool. They expect to have the score, sound and other technical stuff finished in February.

This is great news and explains a lot.No way would John Wagner give his verdict on a film that wasnt completely finished ,so thats reassuring why he hasnt done so to date.Glad to see he thinks he FX are cool as well :cool:

dweezil2

Word from John Wagner:

Frikkin A!  :D
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Fuzzed

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 23 January, 2012, 06:02:24 PM
Quote from: radiator on 23 January, 2012, 04:26:37 PM
Weirdly, there's a chance that I might be living in America by the time Dredd comes out!

Extradition huh.

*g*

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 23 January, 2012, 09:12:27 PM
Word from John Wagner:

This is great news and explains a lot.No way would John Wagner give his verdict on a film that wasnt completely finished ,so thats reassuring why he hasnt done so to date.Glad to see he thinks he FX are cool as well :cool:

So, bearing all that in mind, what's the guestimate now on when a trailer is likely? I'm not badgering, just curious - all this industry talk is totally new to me, and it's interesting.

JOE SOAP

March or after but maybe more stills inbetween.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

That all sounds very encouraging especially if Mr Wagner sounds content. :)
Never rub another mans rhubarb

W. R. Logan

Beaky Smoochies

Word from John Wagner:
The reshoots went well and the editing, I'm told, is now complete. VFX are looking cool. They expect to have the score, sound and other technical stuff finished in February.[/i]

Firstly, cheers again for the info Joe, you're a diamond geezer :thumbsup:, but what I will also say is that's a great update from John Wagner, he genuinely seems enthused and well pleased with the film (and that's the only seal of approval on Dredd I'll rely one in advance), but if all post-production wraps in February (I think a teaser trailer will be released in time for 2000 AD's 35th anniversary in March), we still have to wait another SEVEN FLIPPIN' MONTHS to see the finished film, aw c'mon :D...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: Buddy on 23 January, 2012, 07:28:55 PM
There's a thought... will it be out on DVD/Bluray by Xmas.
With a September theatrical release date I'd doubt it would be.
Anyone know if a DVD date has been set yet?? (assuming it isn't straight to DVD!!)

If Dredd is released in late September, which it is, the DVD and Bluray release will likely be January, or maybe just before Christmas to capitalise on the pressies-buying season.  What special features would you lot hope to be included on the home release formats; audio commentary, 'making of' doc (then we can all see what Michaelvk looks like in the flesh :lol:), featurettes on costumes/visual effects/fight and weapons training/production design/the look of MC-1/etc, a documentary on the origins, development, and influence of the comic-book, y'know, things like that... also hope it's a two-disc set so all memory capacity on the disc with the actual film on it is concentrated on presenting the very best picture and sound quality that technology can produce...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

W. R. Logan

If DreddWhat special features would you lot hope to be included on the home release

A commentary by Scojo 8-)

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon