Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

I really wouldn't want to be in that guy's shoes...

JOE SOAP

I expect the video will be withdrawn soon, I know the 'stills' showreel was.

Bat King

Are these officially released publicity images?

If not the images should be in spoiler tags, please.  Some of us like surprises at the cinema.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Beeks

Quote from: Bat King on 11 February, 2012, 09:06:04 PM

If not the images should be in spoiler tags, please.  Some of us like surprises at the cinema.

I know nothing about the film other than a really rough idea of the plot..how you can glean anything from those shots is beyond me?!
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Steve Green

No, they're images from a compositor's showreel who has broken a cardinal rule and put their work up for an unreleased film.

There's nothing particularly spoiler-y apart from the first one.

Goaty

You cant cover the images with spoiler tags. If you dont like, dont look at this thread.

JOE SOAP

I wouldn't consider the images any more as spoilers than the other pictures released. Nothing since the Empire pictures have been official. Story details are spoilers. These still grabs don't really give much of a hint to the plot.

COMMANDO FORCES

I've just found the official teaser poster  :o

Bat King

Quote from: Goaty on 11 February, 2012, 09:10:02 PM

You cant cover the images with spoiler tags. If you dont like, dont look at this thread.

Telling someone not to look at a thread isn't a valid argument against spoilers.  Spoilers are bad netiquette, if a thread is FOR spoilers the title should say so, that way people can avoid the thread, and spoilers.

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 February, 2012, 09:10:08 PM
I wouldn't consider the images any more as spoilers than the other pictures released. Nothing since the Empire pictures have been official. Story details are spoilers. These still grabs don't really give much of a hint to the plot.

Images are spoilers.  Showing what anything looks like when someone else doesn't know is showing them film content that they should first see in the cinema. Hence it could spoil the effect of the images on screen.

Quote from: Steve Green on 11 February, 2012, 09:09:23 PM
No, they're images from a compositor's showreel who has broken a cardinal rule and put their work up for an unreleased film.

There's nothing particularly spoiler-y apart from the first one.

Potentially ruining their career... silly person.

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 11 February, 2012, 09:16:59 PM

LMAO - Did Mrs CF take that...?
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

clavell

There's not really any spoiler material in the showreel clips - which are SO GOOD - except the headshot one, but that's not really giving anything away.

- C
Writing Future Shocks is hard !

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Bat King on 11 February, 2012, 09:19:11 PM
LMAO - Did Mrs CF take that...?

Yes I forced her to do it  :lol:

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Bat King on 11 February, 2012, 09:19:11 PM

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 February, 2012, 09:10:08 PM

Images are spoilers.  Showing what anything looks like when someone else doesn't know is showing them film content that they should first see in the cinema. Hence it could spoil the effect of the images on screen.

Well then you really shouldn't look at this thread or any promotional material/press photography of any scenes, which you've all ready seen, cos this is where images -not script details- will be and have been presented. I don't believe anything I've posted has had any character/plot spoilers.

JOE SOAP

The Bat King surely can't see too well anyway?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 11 February, 2012, 09:16:59 PM

We all know Dredd doesn't shower, he bathes...

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 February, 2012, 09:25:38 PM
The Bat King surely can't see too well anyway?

Good material for my SillyWorld!  :lol: