Main Menu

2000AD FCBD 2014.

Started by dweezil2, 19 December, 2013, 04:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Fans of freebies can fill their boots on Comixology, where Image are giving away 100 free issue number ones today: https://www.comixology.co.uk/Image-Free-Firsts/list/2090

I've already tried Saga and I read Stray Bullets back in the day, anyone got any other recommendations?

Fungus

Nice find  :)
NOT a digital fan but have registered and picked up an armful of things to try, mostly to see how I feel about digital in practice on the tablet (10"). Probably have highest hopes for Lazarus, Nowhere Men and Manhattan Projects.

Frank

Quote from: Fungus on 03 May, 2014, 06:48:05 PM
Nice find  :) NOT a digital fan but have registered and picked up an armful of things to try, mostly to see how I feel about digital in practice on the tablet (10"). Probably have highest hopes for Lazarus, Nowhere Men and Manhattan Projects.

I've gone for East of West, The Walking Dead, Stray Bullets, Deadly Class, Fatale, Lazarus, Starlight, Minimum Wage, Prophet, Stray Bullets, and The Bulletproof Coffin, which should take me all week to get through.

Trout

My thanks to all involved in the special 2000AD for Free Comic Book Day. It's packed with great content and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I hope it encourages lots of new readers!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Fungus on 03 May, 2014, 06:48:05 PM
Probably have highest hopes for Lazarus, Nowhere Men and Manhattan Projects.

I bloody love Nowhere Men I just worry about it continuing! Not been around for quite a while alas.

Albion

Quote from: sauchie on 03 May, 2014, 05:58:08 PM
I've already tried Saga and I read Stray Bullets back in the day, anyone got any other recommendations?

Manhatten Projects. I'm reading the second trade and really enjoying it.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Frank

Quote from: Albion on 03 May, 2014, 10:01:01 PM
Quote from: sauchie on 03 May, 2014, 05:58:08 PM

Manhatten Projects. I'm reading the second trade and really enjoying it.

Cheers - up the Albion.

ZenArcade

Ah b*****is I forgot about free comic book day....again!
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

rogue69

Someone has already put a copy of this years 2000AD on eBay  for £20       

ZenArcade

Kinda misses the spirit of the whole thing. :(
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

oshii

A really nice starter prog, and I rather liked the touch of the back cover being a Thargian seal from one of the mid 80s annuals.  Took me right back.

One thing I really loved though was the fact the cover was glossy.  This is pretty much the only change I'd make to the regular prog (especially seeing as the postman always manages to crease my subs prog putting it through the letterbox, except on weeks when its a glossy cover relaunch prog).  It just looks and feels much better.  Wonder how much difference it would make to the cover price to do it.

Link Prime

If anyone has a spare copy for a reasonable price pls drop me a PM!

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Link Prime

Richard

I got mine at the signing at London's Forbidden Planet, when Matt Smith, Henry Flint and Tiernan Trevallion had already been signing away for an hour and a half. They must by that time have been pretty tired and bored, but I very much appreciated their perseverance, because otherwise I would have missed out. Could Michael Molcher or whoever moderates this post please pass on to them my thanks?