Main Menu

DayZ

Started by Rog69, 28 July, 2012, 09:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rog69

Anyone else playing this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Q8c8jnL3s

For the uninitiated its a free mod for the PC military simulator Arma 2: Combined ops, it's taking off in a big way, so much so that its boosted Arma 2 to the top of the Steam sales charts.

It's more of a multiplayer survival sim than a game, you start out on the coast of a 225 km2 zombie infested island, completely defenceless with nothing but a flash-light, painkillers and bandages. There is no other objective to the game other than survival, you have to find yourself weapons and equipment by searching towns and cities and keep yourself fed and watered by foraging and hunting for food and drink.

There are three main dangers in the game - The computer controlled Zombies, other players and the bugs (the mod is very playable but still in alpha).

It's completely unforgiving with a very steep learning curve, you will die a lot before you get to grips with the basics but its shaping up to be a great game, I'm finding it to be a breath of fresh air compared to the linear nature and hand holding that you get from a lot of modern games.

ThryllSeekyr

I was tempted to purchase the  Arma game so I could download this. But haven't so far.