Main Menu

Collections I’d like to see

Started by Andy B, 05 September, 2019, 04:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy B

Seems a bit ungrateful given all the great stuff we DO get (print edition of the complete 'Caballistics'!), but...

- Its weird that 'Ladykiller' hasn't been collected, given that every other PJ Maybe story has. How about this and 'The Son' in a Carlos Ezquerra tribute volume? Throw in that Dredd story with Johnny Alpha from Prog 2000, and it's perfect

- A colour reprint of JD Case Files vol. 11. I've been reading along with the Space Spinner guys, and the reproduction of those painted spreads... just won't do. 'Oz' in particular. I'll happily pay again!

- Savage Book 3. Looking increasingly hopeless, but you never know...

No rush: next year will be fine  :)

Lorenzo

I'd certainly go for another Complete PJ Maybe. The last one stopped being "complete" back in 2006! May be a little too long and rambling for one volume now though.
I have always found it weird that there has never been a definitive "complete" Judge Death compendium as well. The American volumes and IDW re-colouring have made a reasonable stab at covering the best (and worst) bits, but it is a little disjointed and still doesn't cover everything.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Lorenzo on 05 September, 2019, 11:48:20 AM
I'd certainly go for another Complete PJ Maybe. The last one stopped being "complete" back in 2006! May be a little too long and rambling for one volume now though.

The trouble is such a volume would no longer make sense - you can only really do what the Hachette PJ Maybe book did and collect up to What i Did For ChrissMas. After that his story continues in Tour of Duty and Day of Chaos before a cameo in Dark Justice and two final solo stories. Bit of a nightmare to try and collect!
@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan

I have always found it weird that there has never been a definitive "complete" Judge Death compendium as well. The American volumes and IDW re-colouring have made a reasonable stab at covering the best (and worst) bits, but it is a little disjointed and still doesn't cover everything.

That'd be a bit difficult - JD and JDL, then Anderson, Revenge, plus Aftermath, House of Death and Bridge of Death, Beyond the Void, the Necropolis stories, Boyhood - leaving Judgement out for DC licensing purposes.  But would you include the whole of Day of Chaos for the Dark Judges sections?

Lorenzo

Quote from: sheridan on 05 September, 2019, 01:13:18 PM

That'd be a bit difficult - JD and JDL, then Anderson, Revenge, plus Aftermath, House of Death and Bridge of Death, Beyond the Void, the Necropolis stories, Boyhood - leaving Judgement out for DC licensing purposes.  But would you include the whole of Day of Chaos for the Dark Judges sections?
Yeah, I didn't say it would be easy! There is too much to cram in one volume but I would have thought everything up to Necropolis would work. I'm just bewildered by what actually sells and makes any money. Apart from the more recent Dark Justice and Deadworld, Rebellion have nothing from Judge Death in print. I expected Death to have really good marketing potential - a good entry point to get young'uns hooked on 2000AD.

Andy B

I dunno... for me, a little bit of Judge Death goes a long way. Collecting a bunch of stories together might just draw attention to the fact that they're all a bit similar.

For the record, I wasn't suggesting a 'Complete PJ Maybe': just a reprint of 'Ladykiller'...

Max Headroom

I would love a volume, or maybe two, covering all Judge Death's appearances from when he appeared in his own stories to big epics. It would be a lot to collect, but to chart the character's evolution over the years as Dredd's greatest nemesis would be extremely worthwhile. Let's hope it happens one day.

broodblik

Quote from: Andy B on 05 September, 2019, 06:00:45 PM
For the record, I wasn't suggesting a 'Complete PJ Maybe': just a reprint of 'Ladykiller'...

Still, I think the "Really People this is the complete complete PJ Maybe: The Completeness Edition of them all" will go down quite well
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Adding to this I would like to see the complete edition of "Armoured Gideon". Strange that it has not been collected yet
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

According to Barney, that one's got 269 pages of strip in all. Bar the Mike White cameo, I recall The Collector (66p) is risible. I wonder if that could be stripped, making for a viable Hachette volume, if an extension happens.

NapalmKev

Quote from: broodblik on 05 September, 2019, 07:35:50 PM
Adding to this I would like to see the complete edition of "Armoured Gideon".

So would I. Add to that - Indigo Prime. I'd also like to see some of the more forgotten* strips reprinted. The one with the convicted killers riding Dinosaurs, for starters. There was also a story (was it a version of Mean Arena?) Where people where fighting it out in Booby-Trapped ring (or even an Arena). Put them in a book together and watch it quickly sell out of print. I'm not joking.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"