Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trev

trev

@CrazyFoxMachine, yes, I know..."the Lawgiver is massive" ;)

trev

SIP

A selection of sketches that were all drawn with a fountain pen on post-it notes. So, quite small pictures. Have been posting these over on twitter occasionally but thought I would put up a little compilation. I haven't edited any of them (though I was tempted) and some are better than others! Cheers.

judda fett

Good work Simon, they look great presented like that.

SIP

NeilFord

Hi fellas, lovely work all! It's been ages since  I was last here - but this thread keeps on rolling!

Her are some snippets from my current strip that is still in production.

Heath C Ackley

"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Simon Penter on 15 November, 2013, 09:39:52 PM
Thank you sir !  :-)
Simon, how did you manage to apply ink to a picture and keep the shape defined and clean cut. When I use ink it all kind of smudges and varies from light to darker patches rather than a consistent sheen.

Fungus

Great selection Simon. Thanks for formatting it  :)

SIP

Chewers folks!
As for inking technique, just a lot of influences from the early years of 2000AD I think. Spent far to many hours looking at bolland and McMahon pictures. My favourite techniques is the use of large areas of solid black shadow like McMahon uses......much as id like to leave things clean and uncluttered I can't help but add lots of fiddly feathering.

trev

NeilFord

judda fett

Lovely stuff Neil. Can you say what the strip work is for?

NeilFord

Thanks man! Strip will be in Volume 8 of Aces Weekly www.acesweekly.co.uk , Available on the 8th of December I think..

The strip is called SYSTEM S.H.O.C.K. - written by Geoffrey Wessel, lettered by the forums own Jim Campbell and art by myself.