Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

If we're going spooky...

Necrophage? Rennie/Burns - the title sounds like a fit, but I can't remember the story.

I would say Descent, another story with Karyn in it, (think it's the one [spoiler]where she ends up a vampire creature[/spoiler] but Boo's not on the list.

Gibson strip is probably the one where the woman who invoices for invoicing is haunted "Hagatha Smeld?"

Or possibly the Judgement interlude (Rennie/Gibson)

McMahon - Fear that made Milwaukee Famous? Possibly the Vampire Effect, although that's more space alien than horror.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 09 June, 2016, 06:19:30 PM
The Facebook page has announced a forthcoming issue, I'm guessing it'll be 40 as 38, 39 and 41-43 are known. Horror Stories, the cover is from The Haunting of Sector House 9. Credited are (deep breath): John Wagner, Alan Grant, Gordon Rennie, John Smith, Brett Edwinstowe, Ian Gibson, Dave Taylor, Mick McMahon, John Burns, Andrew Currie, Xuasus and Steve Dilton.

I remember a Megazine story by Smith and Xuasus, The Jigsaw Murders, and going to guess at Cry of the Werewolf too. Any other guesses?

Edwinstowe? Damn predictive text. Apologies to all fans of the late great Brett Ewins.

Tombo

Quote from: Steve Green on 09 June, 2016, 06:33:59 PM
Necrophage? Rennie/Burns - the title sounds like a fit, but I can't remember the story.

Post Necropolis story with cannibal cults supporting ghouls who used to be their relatives, one guy was stealing bits from Resyk.

Trent

Ian Gibson - Tomb of the Judges?
Really hope that The Fear the Made Milwaukee Famous is included- one of my favourites and imho McMahon at his finest (loved his style at the time)
Definitely Jigsaw Murders and likely Cry of the Werewolf and Haunting of Sector House 5.
Necrophage looks likely
Any ideas re Andrew Currie and Dave Taylor stories?

Dash Decent

Quote from: Michael Knight on 09 June, 2016, 06:25:01 PM
'Cry of the werewolf' remember that story from when I used to hunt old Judge Dredd graphic novels in local library after school to catch all the tales my Uncle told me about! Thats the one in the undercity right?  :)

That's the one!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Trent on 09 June, 2016, 11:18:18 PM
Really hope that The Fear the Made Milwaukee Famous is included- one of my favourites and imho McMahon at his finest (loved his style at the time)

I always liked the pun on "The beer that made Milwaukee famous" too!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Fungus

Quote from: Dash Decent on 10 June, 2016, 12:40:14 PM
Quote from: Trent on 09 June, 2016, 11:18:18 PM

I always liked the pun on "The beer that made Milwaukee famous" too!

I like the pun but only since the penny dropped about a year ago  :-[

Trent

Shame it looks like Out of the Undercity isn't included with the further adventures of Prager.
Love these themed volumes, wish we had more than is likely to be included in the Collection.

Michael Knight

Just picked up 'doomsday for mega city one' and just had a flick through on way home from work. Im excited to read this volume as was not a regular reader of the meg at this time so havnt read any of this! Great weekend ahead!  :)

Michael Knight

Swerty

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 09 June, 2016, 06:19:30 PM
The Facebook page has announced a forthcoming issue, I'm guessing it'll be 40 as 38, 39 and 41-43 are known. Horror Stories, the cover is from The Haunting of Sector House 9. Credited are (deep breath): John Wagner, Alan Grant, Gordon Rennie, John Smith, Brett Edwinstowe, Ian Gibson, Dave Taylor, Mick McMahon, John Burns, Andrew Currie, Xuasus and Steve Dilton.

I remember a Megazine story by Smith and Xuasus, The Jigsaw Murders, and going to guess at Cry of the Werewolf too. Any other guesses?

What are issues 41-43?

Trent

41 The Day the Law Died (inc Helter Skelter)
42 Anderson Half Life
43 The Taxidermist
According to the Wiki page (I think the info is correct)

Dandontdare

Quote from: Trent on 10 June, 2016, 09:59:24 PM

That's like serving a sirloin steak with a side order of bogies

Fungus

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 June, 2016, 12:12:24 AM
Quote from: Trent on 10 June, 2016, 09:59:24 PM

That's like serving a sirloin steak with a side order of bogies

:lol:

This is the kind of comment that convinces me plugging my Wilderness Years gap with Case Files just ain't worth it!

Trent

Presumably a hand picked bogey by Matt Smith for inclusion 😉