Main Menu

John Cooper original art

Started by hippynumber1, 28 October, 2012, 02:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

If you bought enough panels you could compose your own version of Armitage!  I think I'd leave the tone off, mind, the originals look gorgeous. 

And some Battle pages really are an enticing prospect!   :o

hippynumber1

Some more of John's Armitage pages gone up tonight. Follow this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/289-JUDGE-DREDD-MEGAZINE-AD2000-SIGNED-JOHN-COOPER-ORIGINAL-ART-/121007452040?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c2c9b2f88

and look at seller's other items to find. You'll also see some of the, frankly, lovely Famous Five book illustrations John did...

Spikes

Was these pieces placed on E-bay with no reserve?
I ask, because the starting bids are only 99p, and i take it the moneys going to John?

hippynumber1

No reserve. John's been paid for the pages and Alan's just trying to get back what he paid. If anything makes considerably more than he paid then it will go to John. In essence, he's selling on John's behalf...

hippynumber1

Hi all.

I'm taking a run up to Bridlington to go through these boxes of art - if anyone has a specific request for a page/frame and an offer price I shall take the list with me. PM with details of both please, first come first served...

hippynumber1

Armitage: Dumb Blond pt 3, pg 1 and pg 2; Dumb Blond pt 4, pg 3; The Unpleasantness at the Tontine Club pt 1, pg 9 and pt 2, pg 2 are claimed!

hippynumber1

Having gone through the box, almost everything has now been identified. Armitage page are available from all but the 2 part 'Tontine Club' story in Meg 300 & 301. All of the Future Shock from Prog 1494 'Cold Spot' is there and includes the commissioning letter from Matt Smith.

Curiousity wise there's the stuff that's been previously mentioned.

Two questions - we found some pages that, to my eye, looked like a James Bond adaptation but not being a Bond fan I couldn't identify them. Any ideas if John did something for that franchise?

Secondly, in amongst John's pages there were two art boards that are pages from a comic adaptation of 'Day of the Triffids', uncredited and unsigned but it looked like Arthur Ransom? Any ideas?

Trout

I need to ask something, but I stress I'm doing it with all due respect. I do not - DO NOT - intend to start any disagreement here.

Does John know you're going through his art and selling it? Is he so very ill that he can't be spoken to at all?

hippynumber1

I'm not selling it, a guy called Alan is, I'm just helping... He's an old friend of John, apparantly, and bought the art off John directly before John threw it all away. He claims to have agreed a generous figure with John for the lot and John was 'very happy' with the sum they agreed on. Of course, I only have Alan's word for this but, having met him today, and spoken a few times on the phone, he does seem to be a genuine and honest bloke.

As far as I know, John's breathing (I believe he has very bad emphysema) makes talking for any length of time difficult so Alan would rather 'bother' him as little as possible - plus John has identified as many pages as he can already.

All I can add to reassure anyone is that it all seems genuine and above board...

No offence taken, I was very wary myself at first too.

hippynumber1

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 03 November, 2012, 12:57:59 PM
Having gone through the box, almost everything has now been identified. Armitage page are available from all but the 2 part 'Tontine Club' story in Meg 300 & 301. All of the Future Shock from Prog 1494 'Cold Spot' is there and includes the commissioning letter from Matt Smith.

Curiousity wise there's the stuff that's been previously mentioned.

Two questions - we found some pages that, to my eye, looked like a James Bond adaptation but not being a Bond fan I couldn't identify them. Any ideas if John did something for that franchise?

Secondly, in amongst John's pages there were two art boards that are pages from a comic adaptation of 'Day of the Triffids', uncredited and unsigned but it looked like Arthur Ransom? Any ideas?

That's Arthur RansoN of course, stupid sausage fingers!

Trout

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 03 November, 2012, 01:12:47 PM
I'm not selling it, a guy called Alan is, I'm just helping... He's an old friend of John, apparantly, and bought the art off John directly before John threw it all away. He claims to have agreed a generous figure with John for the lot and John was 'very happy' with the sum they agreed on. Of course, I only have Alan's word for this but, having met him today, and spoken a few times on the phone, he does seem to be a genuine and honest bloke.

As far as I know, John's breathing (I believe he has very bad emphysema) makes talking for any length of time difficult so Alan would rather 'bother' him as little as possible - plus John has identified as many pages as he can already.

All I can add to reassure anyone is that it all seems genuine and above board...

No offence taken, I was very wary myself at first too.

Thanks for that. Best wishes to John.

maryanddavid

Those TV adaptation are probably from 'Look In' both Cooper and Ranson worked for it. Ranson may be happy to get them back too.

David

hippynumber1

I thought Look In but can't find confirmation anywhere...

maryanddavid

hippynumber1

Ta! I've gone straight to source and e-mailed Arthur!

Can't find anything on Bond though...  :(