Main Menu

Judge Anderson action figure

Started by Maxx, 22 April, 2012, 03:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

Judge Anderson
Here's my attempt at making a Jude Anderson figure. This is the companion piece to the Judge Dredd figure that I'm currently working on. The figure was made using pieces from the smaller Reaction Anderson figure and stands about 17 cm tall and has 13 points of articulation

The original Reaction figure is 14.5 cm tall with 8 points of articulation.

Part List
Body: Marvel Select Spiderwoman
Head: Marvel Select Black Widow
Feet: Marvel Legends SHIELD Agent
Gloves, belt, pads etc: Raction Judge Anderson

Most of the pieces came from my spares box. The base body was from a never completed project. I removed the hands and carved pegs for the new gloves. The feet were removed and replaced. The boot itself was then sculpted. Holes were drilled in the main body to accommodate the new accessories.

Base
The base and pose was inspired by this picture. The entire base was scratch built.

I used foamcard to give the base shape and structure and sculted over it with Apoxy Sculpt. The base, iron gurder and bricks are all sculpted. The random pieces of metal were either made from plastic card or came from my bits box. The cube door jutting out of the ruins was scratch built from plasticard. The base was kept in separate pieces for ease of painting.

Judge Deaths head was also made from plasticard.

The belt from the old figure was too short for the new figure so I bridged the gap with a small length of elastic acting as part of the belt.

Paints
I used Games Workshop paints throughout. I didn't quite get the effect right for the body suit, it came out too blue in the end, but it will do. The gold shoulder pieces on the other hand, came out very well. I used the new range of Games Workshop paint and simply drybrushed gold over a black base. Their new paints have fantastic coverage and it really allowed the detail to come through on the eagle

judda fett

Very nice, love the Judge Death helmet there too. Real quality work.

Richmond Clements

Bat King

Very nice, not keen on the face but that is just me being VERY picky.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

strontium71

Considering that it's not even from an Anderson figure , the head is pretty good. I think you've another brilliant job here. Well done!
...because I hate you.

HdE

I'm continually amazed when I see stuff like this - excellent effort! And that's some quality paint job, too!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Spikes

Same here. Superb stuff, well done!

Bolt-01

That's pretty impressive, thanks for sharing.

SKD

That looks great. Love the rust effect on the metalwork on the base. If you want to darken the uniform have you considered a dark blue/black wash over the body? Judging by the quality of your work you probably have.

Stew. :D

Dark Jimbo

Love your customs, keep 'em coming!
@jamesfeistdraws

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

A lot of skill going in to this, great job! :)
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Maxx

QuoteIf you want to darken the uniform have you considered a dark blue/black wash over the body? Judging by the quality of your work you probably have.

It was painted base black then given a drybrush of a blue/sliver mix. Finally given a coat of varnish to give it a glossy sheen. Oh, and the zipper was a length of elastic thread. It's darker then it appears in the photos, the flash lightens it a lot. I was going for more of a black uniform with a slight blue sheen to it, but over did the blue. I've seen uniforms painted in both blue and black, so I'll leave it for now.

Thanks for the comments, I need to get back to Dredd now. Not sure what base/pose to put him in.  I was tempted to stick him on a Lawmaster, but at this scale it would be huge

Mr.Fastrope

Awesome,Amazing,Wonderful,Brilliant,Impressive... Is there any words i forgot to say?

And Judge Death's helmet is looking good. You ARE Genius Mr.. Ressspecct..  :o :o :o