Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

Magnetica, hopefully it will be re-stocked on the website in a few weeks.

If you can't wait, however, there are copies on eBay for around £20 (which seems to be the average flip price on these later volumes).

Richard

Quote from: Magnetica on 16 July, 2019, 12:40:03 PM
Quote from: paulbyrnewex on 15 July, 2019, 09:52:04 PM
Apologies I should have posted the wiki link for anyone that may be interested. The PDF is available to download from here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2000_AD_stories

Whilst I applaud who ever had taken the time to put this together, as it is certainly a great resource, I can't help but spot a mistake on the first page - the first series of ABC Warriors from Prog 119 to Prog 139 is not listed.

This has been updated and expanded.

Magnetica

Thanks. I can definitely wait - just object to paying double on eBay.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 25 September, 2019, 01:09:28 PM
Rogue volume 4 contains everything up to the end of the Jose Ortiz run. The intro says the reboot will be covered in the next volume but no story details. Presumably The War Machine, don't think The Hit and the Michael Fleisher stuff are considered up to much, so what else? Hoping for Cinnabar to get some John Smith in the collection at last. Enfleshings, Hollow Town and Shock Tactics would be great too.

Having talked in-depth about The HitCinnabar and The War Machine, the afterword confirms we'll get Cinnabar in book 5, along with 'more modern takes on classic Nu-Earth set Rogue Trooper.'

So to my mind that suggests most (all?) of Rennie's Realpolitik run, Alan Moore's annual stories and the odd few one-offs we've had by the likes of Ian Edginton and Gerry himself.
@jamesfeistdraws

athorist

Given how many of the recent Mills books are out of stock, I'm wondering if they read his blog  :D
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

Tomwe

It feels very different to how it was prior to the 2000 AD collection beginning. Most JDMC books were in stock or came back in, they certainly didn't go straight from "coming soon" to "out of stock". And also, they still seem able to supply replacements to subbers without too much hassle. It's like they've just decided to cut back the eshop part of it.

karlos

how long generally do the restocks take?

Are we to infer that Hachette aren't bothering?

This doesn't seem good news.

bernardsfingers

Quote from: Magnetica on 26 September, 2019, 12:23:49 PM
Just tried to buy Strontium Dog volume 6 (issue 52, vol 9) and it's out of stock. 😬

Forbidden Planet hasn't got it either -online or in the London shop. No luck at Orbital either 😢.
I've got a replacement copy of Volume 9 on the way due to spine printing misalignment on my first copy (slight overlap of the spine image onto the cover) so will probably stick the first copy on eBay when the new one arrives but if you're still looking & aren't bothered about the spine image too much then I'm open to selling direct instead. There seems to be a few copies of Volume 9 on eBay with the same printing issue as my copy (but don't seem to mention it) so I guess my replacement copy may have the same issue anyway (but hopefully not).

Magnetica

Swerty

Looking forward to the next issue.A.B.C. Warriors vol 5.Anyone have the full line-up/cover?

sintec

Jade Falcon

I know for the most part that the Rogue books are reprints of the smaller Rebellion paperbacks, but I'm sure there was a story in the 2000ad one that wasn't in To the Ends of Nu Earth trade
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Tomwe

Having totally forgotten to include my postal address in a recent email that saw print in Input I finally thought to send it through and today received a copy of TUC #42 (Nemesis v4).
Since I have this already, is there anyone on the forum who would like it for postage £3?

BPP

received n.51 and 52 today, meaning I didn't get 49 & 50... ugh
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dark Jimbo

ABC Warriors 5 collects Volumes 1 and 2 of the Volgan War, as we suspected it might. Such a lush-looking book - wish that Rebellion would collect things this way, and not package each volume as a measly 96-page book. (Incidentally, what we have here is the 'remastered' version that Clint did for the trades, not the original prog versions).

It's confirmed in the intro that volumes 37 and 38 will collect the entirety of the Books of Invasion; and the Warriors are mentioned as being 'on indefinite leave in the prog' - meaning, I suppose, that there's no new tale in the pipeline (presumably because Pat's busy with Spacewarp - and hopefully not that he's burnt bridges with Rebellion over royalties or somesuch).
@jamesfeistdraws