Main Menu

Mega City Book Club - a new podcast about 2000AD books

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 23 May, 2016, 08:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 July, 2018, 05:14:32 PM
Another great podcast and just how lovely is that Fox! Gushing about the 2000ad community (nice to see he's avoided some places!) and seems genuinly surprised how well he and Conrad have been recieved, apparently oblivous to the fact that if you do something great you tend to get a good reception!
Hear, hear! And tomorrow it's Conrad's turn for a Shak-attack.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 21 July, 2018, 07:13:13 PM
Another great podcast and just how lovely is that Fox! Gushing about the 2000ad community (nice to see he's avoided some places!) and seems genuinly surprised how well he and Conrad have been recieved, apparently oblivous to the fact that if you do something great you tend to get a good reception!
Hear, hear! And tomorrow it's Conrad's turn for a Shak-attack.

Yeah can't wait for that.

Eamonn Clarke

Shako attacks! And who better to discuss the Runaways ;) rampage of the murder death bear than Conrad from Space Spinner 2000.

Listen in @
http://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com/2018/07/71-shako.html

SpaceSpinner2000

2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Eamonn Clarke

Coming up on the pod this Sunday I chat to Paul Goodwin, the director and editor of the fabby Future Shock documentary.
Set your thrill-catchers to receive!

matty_ae

That's a cool idea for an episode. i love that Doc.
Always wondered how it came about...

FoxIsntARobot

Late to the party! I really appreciate all the love you give Colin. I skulk a lot on the forums but you folks give us such a warm reception.

Also, Eamonn, mate, you're a star to talk to. I'll always sign up again for such a great cast!

Eamonn Clarke

And here is my interview with Paul Goodwiin, director of the galaxy's greatest documentary. Listen in for some behind the scenes stories from filming and editing Future Shock!

http://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com/2018/08/72-future-shock.html

sheridan

I wasn't entirely sure if it was going to be the directory of the documentary Future Shock opining on The Complete Future Shocks Volume One (has that come out yet?) or giving us the background on the documentary!  Now I know (this has been my podcast catch-up weekend)

Dandontdare

So Pat Mills was "quite chatty" - gotta be the understatement of the century!  :lol:

Eamonn Clarke

And here is a grail page that would be in my top five of all time. The superlative McMahon cover for Slaine vol 1 as chosend by Paul Goodwin.

broodblik

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 07 August, 2018, 09:57:41 AM
And here is a grail page that would be in my top five of all time. The superlative McMahon cover for Slaine vol 1 as chosend by Paul Goodwin.

This is certainly one of the best covers ever. I find it quite weird that I don't really like his Dredd work but his work on Slaine is exceptional.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bolt-01

That cover is possibly my single favourite ever piece of comic art. It is mesmerising.

Eamonn Clarke

I got Mick to sign my Warrior's Dawn trade and he told me he didn't like that image. Amazing.

And yes, it's a film club this episode, we get back to books in two week's time with Keith Richardson and Von Hoffman's Invasion.