Main Menu

MEGAZINE Cover of the Year Vote 2018

Started by Pete Wells, 09 December, 2018, 05:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Please vote for your top 3 covers of the year for the Judge Dredd Megazine. You can see 'em all here:

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/megazines/2018

Voting closes at midnight on 2nd January 2019!

Eamonn Clarke

1. 393 Winslade. I refer you to my previous remarks about simian creatures on covers.
2. 400 A Weston wowzer
3. 398 Trevallion. Lovely cover

WhizzBang

Rogue Judge

1) JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE 399: Dredd taking on unseen MC1 Perps – I'm a sucker for painted art, and Brown's cover is awesome! I like that Dredd is defending some "innocent" citizens (no one is innocent...) and I like the dirty city details.

2) JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE 396: Jack vs Dredd – A Nice creepy cover, the painted Higgin's art looks great.

3) JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE 402: Lawson facing the innumerable horde - I love all the detail in the background.

BPP

1st - 395 - McCarthy - nuff said
2nd - 397 - ballsy
3rd - 402 - great 'you want to see action? Read THIS' cover.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

DrJomster

I'm going all first name for this, Grazia style...

1st: Tiernon on 398 - excellent work!
2nd: Cliff on 397. I say!
3rd: Jake on 392. Nice re-imagining there.

Thanks for running this Pete! Gold star, that man!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

CitizenDoov

1st. 399 Brown
2nd. 398 Trevallion
3rd. 392 Lynch

Lorenzo

1st: 392 - fantastic, dynamic, 'movie' shot.
2nd: 402 - encapsulates Lawless in one image.
3rd: 397 - if you didn't know who Devlin was, you do now.

hippynumber1

I will be voting but isn't there one more Megazine due this weekend coming (subs)/next Wednesday?

TordelBack

1. (3pts) 393 Winslade

2. (2pts) 399 Brown

3. (1pt) 401 Percival

Of the two superb Winslades, I prefer the rampaging Jaru on 393 - youjust can't beat big purple ape wild-west SF wraparound action. Adam Brown's full-figure Dredd cover for 399 is so fully realised that it injects life into an over-familiar generic Dredd-under-fire subject. I'm no fan of the general style of comic art that Percival excels at, preferring lines and clarity over murkily swirling paints, but even I can't deny how brilliantly unsettling this re-design of 401 is. As with the Brown, this is a captivating take on an old staple.

As an irregular reader, I bought way more Megazines than usual this year, and the hook of excellent covers had a lot to do with that.

CalHab

1st (3 points, if we're doing that)- 402
2nd (2 points)- 400
3rd (1 point)- 401

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 10 December, 2018, 10:43:37 AM
I will be voting but isn't there one more Megazine due this weekend coming (subs)/next Wednesday?
Meg 403 ad from the Xmas prog with trademarked forum blurOvision.

And the black and white before Dylan worked his magic.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Buttonman

Quite a lot of dark covers this year but plenty of solid images that draw the fans. Maybe too few iconic images to draw the masses at the train stations and the like?

Three Points : 399 - Corking bit of action there
Two Points : 400 - Fitting anniversary cover with a nice contemplative Dredd
One Point : 395 - Possibly the year's most eye catching cover. Wasn't mad about the story but this cover encourages me to have another look.