Main Menu

Forum Update

Started by 500, 28 July, 2011, 02:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We have just completed a re-skin for the forum, if you see any pages that still use the old theme (or a mix of both in some places :o) please do a forced refresh (ctrl+f5 [windows])

Goaty

James Stacey

looking good. Now with Added Boo Goodness. tm

Banners

There's way too much wasted space at the top. On my default 'Active Topics' view, there are 588 pixels before any meaningful content. I'll be forever scrolling down to see anything - and that's on my desktop, let alone my laptop screen(!)

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

w3bz

Quote from: Banners on 28 July, 2011, 03:21:05 PM
There's way too much wasted space at the top. On my default 'Active Topics' view, there are 588 pixels before any meaningful content. I'll be forever scrolling down to see anything - and that's on my desktop, let alone my laptop screen(!)

247 of which are relevant to the site - could move the avatar block to help cut it down a bit if it's generally favoured...

Goaty

Only one thing, bright red! It like stabbing at my eyes! Not good as always sneaking into pages at work!

Banners

Quote from: w3bz on 28 July, 2011, 03:35:50 PM

247 of which are relevant to the site - could move the avatar block to help cut it down a bit if it's generally favoured...

Harsh to say it, but we could do without anything above "Home | Help | Search | Profile" etc.. especially the advert!

James Stacey

I don't see a "Home | Help | Search | Profile at all. ?? I think its a case of 'damned if you do', not everyone will be happy with it but its certainly better than the vanilla skin. But yes we could loose the advert, or at least move it to the bottom. Never been a fan of banners on a forum (present company excepted)

Banners

Quote from: James StaceyNever been a fan of banners on a forum (present company excepted)

Lol. Ignore my negativity, I'm just in a bad mood. Sorry :-)

w3bz

Quote from: Goaty on 28 July, 2011, 03:37:57 PM
Only one thing, bright red! It like stabbing at my eyes! Not good as always sneaking into pages at work!

Mmm...how's the bottom red for you?

Quote from: Banners on 28 July, 2011, 03:46:06 PM
Quote from: w3bz on 28 July, 2011, 03:35:50 PM

Harsh to say it, but we could do without anything above "Home | Help | Search | Profile" etc.. especially the advert!

Ah...we're not alone on that:
http://fans.marvel.com/go/forum/view/108226/185578/board_guidelines

Quote from: James Stacey on 28 July, 2011, 03:55:12 PM
I don't see a "Home | Help | Search | Profile at all. ?? I think its a case of 'damned if you do', not everyone will be happy with it but its certainly better than the vanilla skin. But yes we could loose the advert, or at least move it to the bottom. Never been a fan of banners on a forum (present company excepted)

I want to avoid jumping stuff around when navigating the site as far as the banner's concerned.

Can you pop me over a screenshot of how you "can't" see those links at the top and what browser you're using to w3bz@2000adonline.com ?

Ta

Colin YNWA

My laptop has a widescreen and it all looks a bit wonky and stuff is pretty scattered on the top. Once past that its all fine just the banner and stuff.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Why does the forums open up in a new window when I click "COMMUNITY Meet the Fans"??
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

strontium71

Mine doesn't anymore - it used to , but not now.
...because I hate you.

w3bz

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 28 July, 2011, 05:24:51 PM
My laptop has a widescreen and it all looks a bit wonky and stuff is pretty scattered on the top. Once past that its all fine just the banner and stuff.

send me a screenshot my man - w3bz@2000adonline.com and what browser you're using

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 28 July, 2011, 08:10:01 PM
Why does the forums open up in a new window when I click "COMMUNITY Meet the Fans"??

changed, shouldn't any more