Main Menu

The Black Dog Thread

Started by Grugz, 02 January, 2016, 09:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Thank you, all these things really do help.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Something Fishy

Hope things improve for you Jayz.

My current battle with clinical depression got severe again this time last year.  It's not been easy but for me meds have been a help and CBT was also helpful.

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks, Fishy.  Hope you continue to improve.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Something Fishy

cheers Jayz.  Going to be taking a long career break from april.  Needed to do it for ages and simply not healing just doing the same shit over and over.  have saved and saved ready for it so it's time.

The Legendary Shark

Sounds good, Fishy - enjoy!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

paddykafka

Hi Jayzus, just wanted to wish you the best with your current situation and hope things work out for you.

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks so much,  paddy. Think I'm getting some kind of perspective again, very slowly but surely.

Smith

-wrong thread,if somebody could erase this post-

Proudhuff

JBC, hope it all goes your way, CBT does work for some folks and well, other not so good, well worth a try, anything that helps. For me when I went through a dark stage recently, some here will know what I'm on about, Human Givens helped me: I don't agree with some of their claims, but their stuff on dreams and brain activity helped me cower the black dug back into its kennel. 

https://www.hgi.org.uk/resources/delve-our-extensive-library/depression/why-we-dream-forget-i-dont-dream
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

I was going tp dig out some posts I made 18 months ago in the midst of a deep depression I felt I was never going to escape from.

But felt it best not to dredge up the past, and just wish everyone a happy sunday, a cold beer and a comic maybe, and an assurance that whatever shit the black dog is dragging you through, it will get better.

Tjm86

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 24 February, 2019, 02:36:07 PM
... just wish everyone a happy sunday, a cold beer and a comic maybe, and an assurance that whatever shit the black dog is dragging you through, it will get better.

As Stan Lee used to say " 'nuff said!"

The Legendary Shark

Feeling a little bit down myself, recently. Perfectly natural under the circs, I'm told, so hoping to push through it soon.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Of course,  Sharky. Hope it doesn't last too long

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 24 February, 2019, 02:36:07 PM
I was going tp dig out some posts I made 18 months ago in the midst of a deep depression I felt I was never going to escape from.

But felt it best not to dredge up the past, and just wish everyone a happy sunday, a cold beer and a comic maybe, and an assurance that whatever shit the black dog is dragging you through, it will get better.

What he said.   I've been dredging through a lot of David Burns books since my last episode, and have found When Panic Attacks to be the most helpful. I'd avoided it at first, thinking it was about panic attacks, which I learned to overcome a long time ago.

This book does take a lot of work and commitment but somehow I've stuck with it - also been listening to his podcasts which are also helpful in fleshing out the methods and showing them in action.

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, JBC. Back in my shed on the farm, now, surrounded by trees and birdsong and sunshine, got my dog back from the folks who were taking care of him and comforted by the well-wishes of my friends and neighbours. The Black Dog can't last long under those conditions!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]