Main Menu

Hullo!

Started by Liam Sharp, 14 December, 2010, 11:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

Hi Liam and welcome to the board. Great to see you gracing the mighty organ again.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Liam Sharp

Hm. Strange double post back there.  ::)
Thanks Jared and Vzzbux! Appreciated.

maryanddavid

Hello Liam, I havent read the Meg yet, Im saving it for christmas day!
  I got  Lap of the Gods off you last year and its class, would you ever consider pitching some original series/oneoff to Tharg?

David

Liam Sharp

Hi David.
Absolutely. In fact I recently did, but it turned out to be too similar to another pitch already approved.
Hope you enjoy the meg!
Best,

Liam.

brendan1

Quote from: Liam Sharp on 14 December, 2010, 04:55:46 PM
I think the Chopper pin-up you mean is this one: http://liamsharp.deviantart.com/gallery/?q=dredd#/d2a0mkk

Glad it was inspiring!

That's the fella! I think there was a similar panel in a strip too. Ah.....lovely.
Ta.

ming

Heh, here's a nice sketch Liam did for me at UKCAC '88... Lovely stuff!  Great to see you back on Dredd.

Liam Sharp

Quote from: ming on 16 December, 2010, 11:47:26 AM
Heh, here's a nice sketch Liam did for me at UKCAC '88... Lovely stuff!  Great to see you back on Dredd.

:o

Good lord, that's going back some! Thanks for showing me, and for the welcome back. :)

Take care,

L.

ming

My pleasure - thanks for the sketch!

I had a few nice sketches from that UKCAC - including an Ukko from Mike Collins... I turned up at a comics festival here in Norway a few months back with the sketch and after he recovered, he added a Slaine!

:D

Liam Sharp

Well I still have some old P.J.Maybe pages somewhere... :)

Proudhuff

Welcome! hopefully the scarey element won't chase you away too...  :D
DDT did a job on me

Liam Sharp

Quote from: Proudhuff on 16 December, 2010, 02:12:01 PM
Welcome! hopefully the scarey element won't chase you away too...  :D

Ulp.  :o

Do they have a habit of chasing away creators?

I guess I've always polarised people - I seem to be a love me/hate me artist to fans, though pros think well of me. I do my best and hope people like it, but I don't EXPECT people to like my work. I guess what I'm saying is I'm used to strong reactions - but I do like people to at least be civil about it! :)

Cheers for the welcome!

L.

flip-r mk2

Welcome to the board Liam, great to have you back on Dredd.

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

TordelBack

Quote from: Liam Sharp on 16 December, 2010, 02:17:30 PM
I guess what I'm saying is I'm used to strong reactions - but I do like people to at least be civil about it! :)

Civil?  CIVIL?  I paid €3 for that comic, I'm under no obligation to behave like a decent human being, this is a purely financial relationship, market driven you might say.  Looking at it realistically, you work for me, and if I want to tell you how much better I am than you then I'll bloody well do it, and you'll like it.

Scared yet?   ;)

Great to see you here Liam, and the more of you in the Prog sooner the better.

Liam Sharp

Quote from: TordelBack on 17 December, 2010, 05:14:40 PM
Quote from: Liam Sharp on 16 December, 2010, 02:17:30 PM
I guess what I'm saying is I'm used to strong reactions - but I do like people to at least be civil about it! :)

Civil?  CIVIL?  I paid €3 for that comic, I'm under no obligation to behave like a decent human being, this is a purely financial relationship, market driven you might say.  Looking at it realistically, you work for me, and if I want to tell you how much better I am than you then I'll bloody well do it, and you'll like it.

Scared yet?   ;)

Great to see you here Liam, and the more of you in the Prog sooner the better.

Ulp.

::)

Cheers for that - made me smile. Thanks, and you'll be glad to know I'm working on another Dredd story right now!

Best,

L.

Kerrin

More Dredd? Excellent!

A pleasure to have you on the forum Liam. Fancy a go at the Art Comp?  :D