Main Menu

mentions of 2000AD in the outside world

Started by sheridan, 29 April, 2020, 05:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

One of WhatCulture's top ten lists this month has featured a 2000AD character...

10 Shocking Times Supervillains Quit

sheridan

sheridan

No idea why editing that turned it into a quote.

Anyway... when will I learn - first rule of the internet "never read the comments section"

QuoteJudge death looks like the Batman who laughs

TordelBack

Colin YNWA

Where's that Judge Death story from (actually there's a website to help for that isn't there!) for some reason its completely slipped my memory?

TordelBack

The Villains Takeover Special. An odd one to pick.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 April, 2020, 10:11:29 AM

Oh yes - God that wasn't long ago was it. My bloody memory!

sheridan

Also odd that they picked what was essentially a Future-Shock as an even higher number - not that I'm complaining about Tooth exposure in that Outside World.

TordelBack

Quote from: sheridan on 30 April, 2020, 10:22:30 AM

Also odd that they picked what was essentially a Future-Shock as an even higher number - not that I'm complaining about Tooth exposure in that Outside World.

The mystery ingredient is Free. As in, pundit's only.exposure to recent proggage is FCBD. So doing its job!

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 April, 2020, 10:39:41 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 30 April, 2020, 10:22:30 AM

The mystery ingredient is Free. As in, pundit's only.exposure to recent proggage is FCBD. So doing its job!

Can't blame him too much on that as I still have FCBD comics from years ago that I've not read yet (not from Rebellion, obviously).  Of course, I'm not getting paid to read and write about comics...

TordelBack

Nah, it's a good thing for Tharg - it shows that the extra effort that goes into Rebellion's FCBD offerings pays off in terms of wider awareness. There's no way someone who regularly buys the comic would have promoted those specific stories (fine though they are) into that kind of Top Ten, but they clearly had access to - and appreciated - the Villains Special. It's a positive.

Richard

The Villains Special was a brilliant idea, they must have appealed to so many people who otherwise might not have tried it.

Dash Decent

I was listening to Radio National's "RN Breakfast" on ABC radio this morning and they were talking about the World Health Organisation's ability to investigate the origins of the corona virus.  One expert they talked to said (as best I can remember) "Although we sometimes want them to go in there as judge, jury and executioner, like Judge Dredd, the WHO is more like Miss Marple."

I've had a quick listen through parts of the programme again (it's available here[/url) but haven't been able to locate it.  The show runs for three hours each morning, but the on line/download version is only two and a half hours, so it was probably in one of the news segments omitted from the version available here.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

(Wow, mucked up that url tag and zero edit window to fix.  If only Rebellion could branch into software coding.)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

jrdd

This weekend's 'i' newspaper contains a whole page interview with Pat Mills...

It's promoting his new Spacewarp anthology (https://www.spacewarpcomic.com/, out next month), but also covers his career and (briefly) views on current 2000AD and British comics in general.

Probably covers familiar territory for those following this forum, but pleasing to see a new SF comic promoted up front in the news section of a national paper.  Spacewarp sounds interesting too, promising tales of giant viruses and marauding dinosaurs...