Main Menu

Online Comic Shop

Started by fugitive, 09 January, 2003, 07:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fugitive

Can anyone recommend a good online comic shop?
I no longer have local shop (well, one that I'd be willing to give money to) and need someone to supply me with my fix of US comics.

Ideally with a standing order service I can tweak over the web, good service, quality shipping, friendly staff and a nice discreet name, like Groceries Inc so that I can safely use the joint account :-)

Any suggestions?

Queen Firey-Bou

There is another thread with lots of shop stories;

"comic book stores, the good the bad & the ugly"

might help.

Devons Daddy

here a link superb catalogue but takes a while to down load , but worth the effort.
great resource , good knowledgeable chaps.
i have nothing but praise for them.

Link: http://silveracre.com/" target="_blank">http://silveracre.com/

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Floyd-the-k

silveracre`s service is good and they`ve got everything.  I don`t bother with their website because I know what I want and it takes forever

Devons Daddy

floyd is  right on the money there.
 best way.
 down load go off make coffee.
then come back and load catalogue. then go off and drink coffee.
come back and be amazed at what must be the most comprehnsive site  on the web,
you can pay online.with credit card or call them up.
but to check out tehre site. best use broadband.its damn huge and takes a looooonnnnggg time to download.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

fugitive

Thanks for the help guys, but I'm looking for somewhere that does monthly standing orders for new releases rether than back issue suppliers.
Any other recommendations?

satchmo

I'm getting my stuff from I Kiss Comics,
www.ikisscomics.com
They lean towards indie comics but sell all the mainstream stuff too,including comics unavailable here due to trade restrictions like Transformers and He-Man.
Jared hasn't missed anything from my standing order or failed to get something I'd asked for yet,which is more than I can say for F.P. Newcastle where I used to get my comics.
give them a look,fugitive.

Devons Daddy

forbidden planet.
not the great and wonderful filled with passion place it was in the old days. but a fairly good chain store which will not let you down for subscriptions.

though a fair idea may be contact the company that does tooth.
 they may well be involved with other titles. their service with my weekly progs and the meg is outstanding.
i get it three to four days after the uk main land receives, considering im in Singapore i would say thats a very good standard.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!