Main Menu

Blizzard white out...

Started by Queen Firey-Bou, 30 January, 2003, 04:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natsan

'Bout two inches of snow here in London.I love it-decent snow like I used to play in as a kid in Germany.There's even a proper sized snowman outside the door to our flats.I thought London kids had forgotten how to make those!

And it's still snowing.....

Natalie

Demon Chicken

Lots of nice lovely snow here, I've already had one snowball fight and I'm just off to try and sledge down our big hill using nothing more than a cardboard box and a black bin bag.

Malchidiel

It's the same here in the not-so-sunny resort of Stockton. I looked out this morning and thought "what the foosh". Cars are travelling at about 1 mph.

It's still snowing now. It's a good job I'm a kermit and never leave the house anyway.

Yoda

"It's the same here in the not-so-sunny resort of Stockton"

Stockton huh? We're practically neighbours. I'm just outside Darlington. And yes the snow is horrendous. I've just been driving in it & don't fancy doing that again in a hurry.

Queen Firey-Bou

cor well ive just been arseing about in a fire truck in it, currently -6 out there, much fun.

almighty mat

Well, I had to take a whole 2 seconds to get alittle frost off my windshield this morning.

Bastards.

bitter mat

W. R. Logan

left Norfolk at 3pm yesterday and went to Manchester, got back to the A1 into Norfolk at 1.30am and then moved 1 mile in the next hour then didn't move another inch for 6 hours. Then stop start til I've just got in at 12.00. 21 bloody hours to go from Norfolk ro Manchester and back, thank god I had a spare packet of fags in my bag.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.http://usa.venus.co.uk/weed/agifs/images83/snowman.gif">

Adrian Bamforth

Bugger all snow here but listening to the people on TV you would think that they had never made a snowman or thrown a snowball before.

ADEhttp://www.fegmania.freeserve.co.uk/ObeseCatAnimXmasSnow.gif">

Mk13

>21 bloody hours to go from Norfolk ro Manchester and back, thank god I had a spare packet of fags in my bag.

I can sympathise - Left Oxford at 6.30, perfectly clear road from Oxford to Hillingdon (7pm), usual slow moving traffic up to Park Royal which is approximately 2 miles from my front door (about 8pm), got home at 1.30am! Wouldn't have even been home then if it wasn't for my Sweeney-like knowledge of all the grotty back-streets of NW London. Smoked my last fag while waiting to turn into my road.

I was talking to a bus driver while I was sitting in traffic, and apparently certain bus companies had told their drivers to terminate their buses exactly where they were and just leave them (because of course a load of inert buses really helps when you have two-way congestion on narrow roads).

It's depressing to think that only about 2 inches of snow can completely nail the capital city's public transport system and cause city-wide gridlock. Any metropolitan Al Qaida member must be now thinking to himself "Sod the ricin, I'm going to build a bloody great snow machine"...

IndigoPrime

Thankfully, it's not like that here in Iceland. We've been getting a couple of inches of snow every night for the last week (which usually disappears by about 6pm). Mind you, almost everyone has snow tyres at the moment (chains or nails).

mongor2003

Anyone know how long this shitty weathers forecast to last for ? I dont get it, about a week ago it was getting noticably warmer - I was wandering around without a coat on, daffodil bulbs where starting to come out the ground etc. and now it's like Siberia out there, The climate just seems to get more apeshit every year.

Queen Firey-Bou

being a rufty tufty country gal , it always makes us chuckle horribley to see city folks come to a standstill as soon as city weather-control presses a button. same with all the gales, houses blow away etc... here its just regular business as usual. Mind you if the gulf stream switches off i'll me laughing the other side of my igloo.
Its kind of revenge for us for our economic misery & midges & permenant rain all summer & lack of cinemas & museums etc etc.

However i would like to add that my glee is not directed at any of you lovely boarders & if you need digging out of a snow drift , just whistle !

Proudhuff

oh, we've just had a flurry but it's not lying,

McCaskill proudhuff
DDT did a job on me