Main Menu

Message board topics and behaviour

Started by Trout, 25 February, 2003, 12:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slippery PD

You would have thought with all his hightech weapons and gadgets.  He would have got a pair of hair trimmers??  Nuclear powered of course, for a perfect no 2!!!

WoD

I'd just like to add that although I haven't been posting here too long.  All you's peeps have been friendly and helpful.

Both on-topic and off-topic conversations(?) have their own merits, but I think that the site would be a lot less interesting without the off-topics to spice it up a bit.

I know that this is 2000AD forum, but in general terms there is a strong link between 2000AD and other comics and the world of Sci-Fi in general, and as such I would prefer that these topics are kept within this site (and other non-related stuff is fine by me too, within reason).

As for the swearing.  If it's needed and appropriate then fine, but I would prefer it to be kept to a minimum as some people may be offended by it.  As weird as it is, and although I use the phrase regularly, I still don't like the word 'arse' being used on Radio 1!

There you go...

WoD.

Oddboy

What about the huge ARSE posters that are currently all over the place advertising toilet paper!  On the Telly too!

Too much ARSE!!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Leigh S

"He's got way too many super-duper overly-handly weapons, gadgets and mutant abilities"

I like all the gizmos - its rare that a gizmo in Stront is used as a get out for a particularly vital plot point.  Caballistics had its fair share of Hands of Power, Lamps of Alhazred, Infernal tide timepieces, and newly discovered psychic abilities...... and I'd say that that was one of it's strengths - these kind of trimmmings give a distinctive flavour to the strip.

I agree with you about the hairstyle though - he needs sideburns with a mop like that... :)

DavidXBrunt

Miss Simmons has no newly acquired psychic powers!

Ravne tried to seal the breach by sacrificing her soul...what we saw with the lights and beams and things was her sould being burned away...

Ravne was clearly not expecting to see her again...could something else have taken over her newly vacant body?

Yer 'just speculating' dxb.

Art

Or you know she could have had psychic powers all along, latent or otherwise. After all she is a memeber of an elite British psychic warfare unit, perhaps she does more than just make the tea...

Queen Firey-Bou

mmm,yes Art more than likely.
johnny alpha? i never fancied him at all, bad hair too damn serious, yet with dodgy puns. Tho i was shoked & stunned by his death. curly haired blokes have a sorry cross to bear, as it is on a repugnant scale, 10 out of 10. ginge is preferable frankly. sorry guys, no reasonable constructive justification available.

arse on Radio one? i thought thats all they talk?

Tiplodocus

Yeah, if something displeases you, it's only right that you should be able to say so and give a reason.  

I dislike it when people just say "And Star Trek Nemesis was pants" with no reason.  

Though I am prepared for someone to go through threads and prove that I've done it so maybe I should qualify that by saying you might be allowed to say it once or twice just because your tired of typing).

Criticism good and bad is always welcome.  So is off-topic discussion in my opinion.  
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

GordonR

>>Caballistics had its fair share of Hands of Power, Lamps of Alhazred, Infernal tide timepieces, and newly discovered psychic abilities.....

If we ever see any of these devices as often as we saw Johnny's handy time bombs, beam polariser etc (or if we ever even see these things again) then I'll be prepared to concede the point.

As it is, the Hand was destroyed and the point was made that the ingredients for the Lamp are very hard to come by so we won't be seeing much of it again, and no-one in the story has newly-discovered psychic powers.

On a Stronty-related point, does anyone remember Garth Ennis' Hitman comcic for DC?  It was pretty good, at least to start (I lost interest when the SAS came into it - see also The Punisher not so long ago) but the main character was a hitman who had weird super-powered altered eyes giving him x-ray vision and the ability to read minds...

Why, Garth, wherever did you get such an original idea from..?  ;->

Art

Hey, Hitman was ace. however  Garth pulled his usual trick of giving the lead character special powers and then proceeding to ignore them or find ways to nullify them most of the time.

Also on the subject of "Infernal tide timepieces" Yuggoth is NOT in Hell, but is actually the planet Pluto, home of the winged sauncerheaded crab things, and I claim my anti-prize. :-)

GordonR

Smarty-pants wyatt whinged:

"Also on the subject of "Infernal tide timepieces" Yuggoth is NOT in Hell, but is actually the planet Pluto, home of the winged sauncerheaded crab things, and I claim my anti-prize. :-)"

I know, I just threw it in as a Lovecraft reference.  And who said Yuggoth is in Hell, anyway?  I said it was in conjunction with some place that was in Hell, you'll note.

Oh, and the  'winged sauncerheaded crab things' are Mi-Go, aka, 'the Fungi from Yuggoth', Mr Know-it-All Cthulhu Mythos Smarty-pants.

Look out for more Lovecraft references soon, mythos fans!

Wils

I agree with you about the hairstyle though - he needs sideburns with a mop like that...

I still think Johnny Alpha's based on Christopher Lillicrap.

Quirkafleeg

Art, expect a mysterious phone-call from someone with a strange buzzing voice some-time very soon.

Matt Timson

"I still think Johnny Alpha's based on Christopher Lillicrap."

I was going to go with "Delia Smith", but I get what you're saying here...
Pffft...