Main Menu

I'm dead clever, me

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 26 February, 2003, 07:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

I just figured out that "Ximoc" is Comix spelled backwards.

While this is with hindsight blindingly obvious, it only just occured to me and I am feeling quite proud of myself.

Does anyone else have a board name that has a hidden meaning (apart from DiGriz, I know who he's named after). If you do, why not explain it to the back of the class?
Lock up your spoons!

ukdane

Erm, is this what you mean?

ukdane:
UK, because I'm from the UK, and Dane, because I live in Denmark (home of the DANES)

:-?
Cheers

-Daney

Mk13

Yes, I am in fact a dangerously unstable military cyborg who was found in the desert by the lead singer of the Nephilim, went on to brutally murder Red Six out of Star Wars and various British soap actors, then didn't quite kill Dylan McDermott enough to stop him appearing in 'The Practice'.

So there!

Malchidiel

Malchidiel = The demon ruler of Aries, my zodiac sign.

Joolz

Art

Damn, I see it now, but before I never put 2 and 2 together and your icon always looked like a sort of smiley frog alien to me before.

Trout

As you will discover in Paul Scott's coming comics classic Solar Wind,* your King began as an ordinary journalist, evolved into a superhero called Troutman and then become King.

Hence - King Troutman, oh my loyal subjects.

- Trout

* That's if I ever get off my fishy arse and write something, as I've been promising forever

Slippery PD

So Art, where did you and gary get your names from.  He said recalling that uncomfortable couple of minutes when DXB said to me at dreddcon
"Here's Gary and Arthur!"
Two minutes later.  
"Doh"

Yer Stupidly Slippo

James

My real name is Semaj, but I write it backwards to confuse people.

Not really.

My real name is James Kircough.

If you shorten each name I become Jim Kirk.

You may call me captain.http://www.lookalikesbychar.com/photos/kirk.jpeg">

Oddboy

I said my Oddboy origins in the chat room the other day & as they are soppy, I won't repeat them here.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Marbles

Well I'm a wargamer as well as a comic reader sad to say. That's wargamer in the sense of a table-op full of metal soldiers and some fiendishly complicated historical rules (not Warhammer!).
So once when I was losing a game and had spent half an hour arguing the toss about some particular rule interpretation in a desperate attempt to reverse my fortunes, when in despair I cried 'might as well roll f*ckin marbles at them'.
Unfortunatley the 'marbles' moniker stuck with my online gaming buddies, who have called me it ever since.

Link: http://frothersunite.com/files/marbles/" target="_blank">Colonel Marbles

Remember - dry hair is for squids

JayzusB.Christ

Er, I just say and hear 'Jayzus Christ' a lot, and my real name starts with a B. I didn't get it from Finnigan Sinister, as has been suggested elsewhere on this board.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Matt Timson

Johnny Eyebrows was a cartoon character I used to draw yonks ago.  It wasn't much cop really, but still funnier than Sin/Dex.

Oooohh....

You know I'm only kidding- right?

I use johnnyeyebrows for email and chatrooms and wot-not as (obviously), there aren't many of them around.
Pffft...

Proudhuff

Oh, right ma turn...emm..

I was dubbed Proudhuff in Clarks Bar in Edinburgh by a drunken postal employee, she managed to mangle my name with my most prevalent mood, needless to say when i objected it stuck... Doh!

Middenpus is also an apt description...

Proudhuff
DDT did a job on me

Wils

Mine's just my surname shortened, which is the nickname I had right through secondary school. Strictly speaking, it should be 'Wils II', as I inherited it from my brother when he left 6th form.

The bizarre name that I sometimes use elsewhere on the net, anyone with my email address will know. It's a joint creation of mine and my step-brother's. Put together that name and the image of a sweating, overweight clown, wearing surgical gloves, wiggling his fingers so fast that they blur and you pretty much get the idea. And yes, I know exactly how disturbing that is. ;)

Wils the caulrophobic

Buddy

A special prize if you can guess where I got the name from. (P.J. Holden is exempt from this as he already knows).

Link: http://www.ximoc.co.uk" target="_blank">ximoc