Main Menu

Terror / Total War vs Judge Child - Dredd Epics Ranked - Better! H2H Rd 6

Started by Colin YNWA, 31 March, 2021, 06:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 31 March, 2021, 08:34:20 PM
'faffing about' is good. but it really is the best cosmic faffing about ever, and drawn immaculately.

I'll give you that!  :lol:
@jamesfeistdraws

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 31 March, 2021, 07:20:17 PM
I hate Dredd-in-space, and I'm not keen on picaresque stories. So you can guess how I feel about Judge Child! Love the Angel Gang (of course) but Krysler and his abilities are really ill-defined, as is the Grunwalder and his robot-planet(?), as are the magic abilities of the Oracle Spice. And there isn't really an ending to speak of, after all that faffing about.

Terror/Total War for me, a first class Mega-City thriller that led to six whole months of superb aftermath stories.

You want superb aftermath stories? I give you Fink, Destiny's Angels and City of the Damned. Plus every Mean Machine story ever.
Lock up your spoons!

Colin YNWA

I think I can see which way this is going but its quite close so a run of votes either way today could seal it. Get um in and I'll count um up in the morning.

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Andy B

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Its funny how your personal perspection can colour things. I see this as a massive shock...  but is it... one of the nostalgic favourites beats modern(ish) thriller - I mean sure my nostalgic fav didn't make it for a more modern tale - but can it really be called a surprise. Just cos I'm not a massive fan of Judeg Child - I find it a more disjointed rerun of Cursed Earth and adore Terror / Total War but from the comments, while there is much love for the modern thrill and this was relatively close - the love fro Judge Child just exceeds my view of it by a country mile and its no surprise then to say

Judge Child

is into the Quarters.