Main Menu

What's the plural of fez?

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 27 May, 2003, 03:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Just back from a long weekend and am avoiding working by having a splurge of posts. Anyway, as an adjunct to the crucial  "Monkey in a Hat Question" (never mind the Euro or a federal Europe, this board knows what's important) - can anyone tell me what the plural of fez is?

NB: for non-fez fans, the answer is not "a pile of crap" or anything similar.

Mon the Fez!
Lock up your spoons!

OldOne

Umm, Fee?

Fez'es'es'es'es's?

Or can you tell I'm just guessing?

petemaskreplica

Obviously, being on the Big Brother thread I have no dictionary to consult, but if I did (hem-hem) I'd imagine it would indicate the plural of "fez" to be "fezzes" or, alternatively, "fezes".

But why would you want to use such a diabolical word?

Mudcrab

Fezzes, or Feses :o)

He he, check this, a fezzed monkey:

Main Entry: fez
Pronunciation: 'fez
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural fez?zes also fez?es
Etymology: French, from Fez, Morocco
Date: circa 1803
: a brimless cone-shaped flat-crowned hat that usually has a tassel, is usually made of red felt, and is worn especially by men in eastern Mediterranean countries
- fezzed  /'fezd/ adjective
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

petemaskreplica

I note it makes absolutely no mention of monkeys wearing them. ;)

Tiplodocus

A monkey in a Fez and a monkey in a hat are NOT the same thing!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Oddboy

Any monkey can wear a fez - it takes a real monkey to wear a hat.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Tu-plang

Proudhuff

Bring on Apu!!http://www.coloring.ws/t/cartoons/aladdin/4.gif">
DDT did a job on me

Dom-2

I vote for 'Fezzi'  ; )
At Bristol I swapped a page of artwork with Mike Collins for a fantastic page from his Doctor Who / Roy of the Rovers crossover! It features the Tardis Landing on a football field and the Doctor emerges wearing a fez!!!
BRILLIANT!!!

Queen Firey-Bou

cool, however i'm pretty convinced it should be Fizz.

however i am outraged that i have to read countless irrelevant threads about monkeys & fizz.
FACT i think i will have to Kill-file you all... or simpler KILL you all. yes. except my lovely BB housemates.(yet)

DavidXBrunt

I was so angry when I saw his entry in 'Killing Game' that I sent an e-mail to DWm's editor about it.

No reply yet.

Part two of Who of the Rovers is out this week, so hurry! hurry! Read part one in W.H.Smugs whilst you still have the chance.

Proudhuff

Important non-BB questions: How do the monkeys keep their fizz on? isn't that what the guy in the Fantastic four shouts? I was recently dubbed 'Archbishop Stella of the Artois' how can I make it offical?

Archbishop Stella
DDT did a job on me