Main Menu

Woe is me

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 28 June, 2003, 06:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

I have been to the darkest place.
I have been in the pit of despair.
I have been in the maze.
I have been afraid for my sanity, and my wallet.
I have been miserable.
I have been to hell.
I have been to Ikea.
Lock up your spoons!

judge dreddd

booze IS the answer

karne

Woah! I feel for you man IKEA should be avoided at all costs no matter how cool their adverts are.

I personally go to MFI. Not to buy stuff, but to try and figure out why their sale items are the same price as they've been for years, just with a Previous Price* sticker put on them. I'm still baffled.

*this statement applies to another branch where this item was on sale at a higher price. (probably in Afghanistan)

Tex Hex

Anyone bought this? Im eager to find out what goodies it has on it. And just why is it so ultimate? I bought the dvd version a while ago but would gladly buy this one if its extra souped up.

However I may just buy it on impulse, in which case: does anyone want the origonal?

hex.

Queen Firey-Bou

sympathys there Dr X, hope you feeling better... but they are smug sympathies.. as i've never been to a furniture shoppe in my life & i don't intend starting now!

Roundy

the best thing about Ikea? it's cafe.....

Nice Tom

We don't even have that in my local branch. The most interesting thing that ever happened was when my mate Rory got kicked out for falling asleep on the beds.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Presumably he had been there for hours, trying to find his way out, going in circles, muttering "been.. here... BEFORE!"

I tells ya, if you're gonna go futsie, that's where it'll happen!
Lock up your spoons!

WoD

Hmmmmm, 30 p hot dogs, slurrrrrrpppppp.

Or have they gone up now?

WoD

Mikey

30p hot dogs??
Do you have to wait 3 months for shipment,and then have to make it yourself anyway??
;p
M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

WoD

The hotdogs are they only things that get me round Ikea with any resemblance of sanity intact.  I go to the little hotdog zone in my mind, and walk round blindly agreeing to everything that Mrs WoD says until we get to the food stall at the end and the bliss that is stupidly cheap hotdogs.

WoD.