Main Menu

PONY SCHOOL

Started by Byron Virgo, 19 April, 2005, 07:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron Virgo

Yes, I don't need any help from you Mr. 'carefully-crop-me-text-to-obscure-the-point-I-was-actually-making'!

Charlatan: j'accuse!

[By the way, anyone who picks up the issue will be able to learn a number of handy Russian phrases which the reader might like to employ next time they are visiting the wilds of Siberia or the cellar of a Moscow safe house.]

Swearengen

Is this a pally back slapping place or do people speak their minds if they see something they think is a bit crap?

Conexus

The clever way of doing that Sweargen would have just been going 'Oh, that's shite, uncrapabelievable shite.' and if the response to that  statement , you could pretend you was just joking

Conexus

*the response to that statement is negative, even

Tiplodocus

No, speak your mind.  Not everything is everyone's cup of tea.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Swearengen

Wasn't making any direct comment about the art on this thread but been on forums where you could post anything and members would all say its the best thing since sliced bread and cant understand why you're not earning a fortune. Trying to get an idea of how things are here and if people have been here so long and have formed a group that just praises anything or whether there are differing opinions and members are allowed to disagree without it turning in to a flame war.

Conexus

Well I won't be buying any of Byron's bearly contained peadophilia stuff, if it's all the same (If you retaliate by not posting the monster squad stip i drew, i don't rightly care :P)

Tiplodocus

Well obviously you get a bit of "That's the best picture ever. I mean, I can't draw to save my life but that picture just rocks".  

This is normally followed by one of the real artists that hang about here posting "The perspective's all wrong. Why has he got one arm longer than the othe. I don't think the colours are very good."  So it evens out.

Except for my stuff, of course, which everyone thinks is brilliant and people can't understand why I don't make a fortune out of it.

We don't have flame wars (though occassionally you'll get a deliberately offensive troll popping up ) so feel free to politlely say what you like about anything.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Bico

I'd go further and say that if you were actually publishing something (or putting the fruits of any creative endevour in the public eye), then you actively *invite* criticism.

Byron Virgo

No idea what a "flame war" is, but as the bear says it would be churlish of us not to expect criticism. I'd just prefer it if it was accurate and based on the actual book itself, as opposed to what people imagine it to be.
I wouldn't stop your strip just because you don't want to buy a copy of the comic Nixon, though I'd hope that you made that decision after you'd taken a look inside it's pages.

And while we're on the subject, can we please drop all this 'paedophile' stuff please? Admittedly it was amusing at first, but frankly I'm now just getting pissed off - the book has no underage sexual or erotic content of any kind whatsoever, and that's final.

Honestly - who'd have thought that we'd get inaccurate reporting where British Intelligence is concerned?

Dudley

I think that THAT T-shirt marks the end of taking the piss out of Byron Affleck.  New lookalike needed.  Hmmmm.....

Bico

Bico

http://www.thebigt.com/b9.jpg">

Dudley

Shit, that's uncanny.  I assume Durst dyes his beard.

Byron Virgo

It's not dyed, it's been like that since I was thirteen!

Anyway, I'm not having my appearance mocked by a man who is obviously so hideously deformed that he refuses to leave the land of trolls and hob-goblins (or Northern Ireland, as some call it) and another man who has the physical appearance of someone who was repeatedly mollested as a child by Bungle from Rainbow!