Main Menu

It's a dossier, and it's black.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 16 October, 2007, 02:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

*** itâ??s flattering that he found his groove back with us and started winning awards back with us because people forget, heâ??d fallen off the map, you canâ??t really find a great Alan Moore book from â??90 to like â??96, when he did Supreme, even the stuff he did for Todd [McFarlane] was derided like he was asleep at the wheel,***

So he obviously isn't aware of From Hell then?, Moore was off the mainstream comics map out of choice, not ability. What a dick Liefeld is turning out to be.

Wils

Is Rob Liefeld bitter because Moore insinuated that he was lazy and not very good at drawing?

Or it might a broader problem and have something to do with the fact that he's the spit of The Yellow Kid.

The Adventurer

Whoa whoa whoa whoa...slow down.

What's this about Black Dossier not being avalable in the States? That LITG column that was linked didn't have anything about that and this is the first I've heard of it.

What's the real scoop here?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Amstor Computer

What's this about Black Dossier not being avalable in the States?

Wrong way round - it's not (easily) available outside the States.

Dark Jimbo

So there would be references to the likes of Billy Bunter (Greyfriars, I believe, was his alma mater), 1984, The Thirty-Nine Steps, Fanny Hill or Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure and Voice of the Fire, as well as John Locke and Philip Larkin - anyone else got any more?

Unless I'm very much mistaken (displaying my 1950s geek credentials here), the 'num yum' billboard in the first pic is from the film 'I'm alright Jack', with Peter Sellers, Ian Carmichael and Terry Thomas.

God, this must be mine. I don't care how much it costs me to import. All my reading for the last two years has been things sprung off the back of LOEG, little gems that I would never have normally picked up - The Beetle, The Third Policeman, She, and a whole ton of pulp stuff.
@jamesfeistdraws

DavidXBrunt

It's an interview, and it's interesting.

Link: http://www.mania.com/56564.html" target="_blank">Read me, big boy!

Byron Virgo

"the 'num yum' billboard in the first pic is from the film 'I'm alright Jack', with Peter Sellers, Ian Carmichael and Terry Thomas."

Oh well spotted, hats off to you on that one! Now who noticed the homage to fellow Boulting Brother film Havens Above!...?

Floyd-the-k

I assume you're being sarcastic Dudley. If not, do tell. It looks alright to me, although I prefer the art on the earlier LOEG

Floyd-the-k

House of Usher

What's the best current advice for getting hold of a copy?
STRIKE !!!

JamesC

It's out this wednesday. You can get it sent from the US via ABE books. It's about £15 plus another £12 postage.

JOE SOAP

That's robbery, I got it for â?¬23, incl. shipping, via ebay from collector's universe in NY.

satchmo

Got mine for £16.95 postage included, off ebay from Limited Editions. I check the release date every day just in case it's been delayed again.

skurvy

Um, I have ordered mine from Gosh! comics in London.

satchmo

Got an email from Limited Eds saying It'll be in stock on the 18th. Can't wait!
Also, there's a 3 page preview of Volume 3 of the league in the Top Shelf sampler book.