Main Menu

Oye Chingador De Cadaver! An 'El Bigote' Preview...

Started by locustsofdeath!, 02 November, 2011, 10:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Yup, I've got all the art ready to letter. Some astounding work here.

El Chivo

judda fett

locustsofdeath!

Cheers all. I'll be printing up 200 copies of the ten-page (self-contained)  tease strip to distribute at various comic conventions, including the San Diego Comic Con. Hopefully Bolt wouldn't mind handing out copies to con goers who purchase his mags, but if any of you want a free copy let me know.

Bolt-01

SKD

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 08 November, 2011, 06:31:33 AM
Cheers all. I'll be printing up 200 copies of the ten-page (self-contained)  tease strip to distribute at various comic conventions, including the San Diego Comic Con. Hopefully Bolt wouldn't mind handing out copies to con goers who purchase his mags, but if any of you want a free copy let me know.

Mr Locust, I'd love one of your ten-page tease strips. I wouldn't expect it for free though, can I do you a sketch/ pin-up in exchange for one?

Stew.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: SKD on 08 November, 2011, 08:17:46 PM
Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 08 November, 2011, 06:31:33 AM

Mr Locust, I'd love one of your ten-page tease strips. I wouldn't expect it for free though, can I do you a sketch/ pin-up in exchange for one?

Stew.

Stew, if you insist... :D...would you want to do some artwork for the horror comic Davey Candlish and I are launching next year? (even if you don't want to, I'd send you a copy!!!)

SKD

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 08 November, 2011, 08:40:00 PM

Stew, if you insist... :D...would you want to do some artwork for the horror comic Davey Candlish and I are launching next year? (even if you don't want to, I'd send you a copy!!!)

I'd be only too pleased to make a contribution, let me know what you want an i'll see what i can do.

Stew. :D

locustsofdeath!

Fellahs, now that the script will be in Bolt's hands for lettering in the next day or so (putting my last polish on it now), I've set up an 'official' Facebook page...so please like it!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/El-Bigote/268079929911650.

There'll soon be a blog and website up. Look for some amazing preview panels, pinups - and the full-color cover soon!

Darren Stephens

...........and I just found this on Facebook and followed it back here. The internets a funny old place sometimes! Just to repeat what I said over there : this looks very cool indeed.  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

locustsofdeath!

I originally conceived El Bigote when I was a we lad - and back then he was a supporting character in the first comic strip called I ever wrote: "The Tequila Worms". Only a single page of that comic survives, and luckily El Bigote makes an appearance. You can see it on my blog: http://locustsofdeath.blogspot.com/2011/06/tequila-worms-bustin-cabezas-since-1995.html.

SuperSurfer

Madre Mia this is looking good.

What does it say?

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 30 November, 2011, 11:18:59 PM
What does it say?

The actual comic is only about...50 percent Spanish, and an "English-only" reader will have no problem reading the main story, but the Spanish-language dialogue is seriously funny/odd and will make for pretty good Easter Eggs. El Chivo and I thought it would be cool to do up a Spanish trailer.

As for what it says...

1:1 - In haunted Mexico...

1:2 - ...the Day of the Dead never ends (lasts forever).

1:3 - Ghosts, ghouls and monsters...

1:4 - are (mucking about  :D)

1:5 - "Hey, corpse (lover  :D)!"

1:6 - And it's up to El Bigote to put them back in their graves (tombs).
       "It's time for a tequila-drenched reckoning, you (serious insults to dead people  :D).

Bottom of the page:
Wanted Dead or Undead
El Bigote in 'A Tequila-Drenched Reckoning'
Coming Soon From Locust and El Chivo

What I like best about the Spanish word for Locust - Langosto - is that it also means Lobster! ...make me laugh every time for some reason...! Thanks for checking it out Super Surfer, let me know if you want a copy when it's all printed up.

locustsofdeath!

I've set up an El Bigote blogspot (I'm sorting out content right now, so there'll be lots to read soon - including how to get your free hard copies of the comic when it's released).

El Blogote: http://elbigotequillpower.blogspot.com/.

Bolt-01

I've lettered the main strip, and I have to say it was one of the most fun strips I've ever worked on. I absolutely loved it. By far the best work from either Locust or Chivo.