Main Menu

IDW Dredd, available in UK?

Started by Proudhuff, 18 August, 2012, 04:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Talk to Ivor.

http://www.redhotcomics.demon.co.uk/

Red Hot Comics have been my supplier for years and I cannot fault their service. I bet they can sort you out.

- Trout

Albion

Will it be available digitally in the shop the same as the Prog and Meg or does the deal with IDW not allow this?
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Albion on 22 August, 2012, 12:25:09 PM
Will it be available digitally in the shop the same as the Prog and Meg or does the deal with IDW not allow this?

Just an idea, but couldn't Rebellion add it to their subs?
DDT did a job on me

James Stacey

That would be awesome but is it likely ?

Molch-R

Molch-R

Quote from: Albion on 22 August, 2012, 12:25:09 PM

It will not, no.

Albion

Thanks Molch-R. I'm guessing it might be on Comixology then.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

COMMANDO FORCES

I have just had a wee chat with the owner of The Grinning Demon in Maidstone and he's told me how you get what and here it is folks!

The shop has to order 25 copies to get 'ONE' Carlos cover!
In this 25 they will get the Zach Howard primary cover along with the variants by Paul Gulacy and Jim Starlin, so not much of a problem there!

To get the Subscription cover (foil stamped badge cover), it really is as easy as subscribing from your local comic shop!

To get one of the 'Mega Rare' variant covers of Dredd kicking in the door of and this is where it gets insane, the comic shops door what puts the order in (how many variants will there be of this ::)) the shop has to order 500 copies and they will get one of these variant covers with each comic. You read it right folks, a comic shop has to order FIVE HUNDRED COPIES to get these :o

Now I've sorted myself out on the easy stuff but the 500 copy bit I shall be trying to sort out in the next few days, hopefully!

P-BOT/1138

QuoteTo get one of the 'Mega Rare' variant covers of Dredd kicking in the door of and this is where it gets insane, the comic shops door what puts the order in (how many variants will there be of this ) the shop has to order 500 copies and they will get one of these variant covers with each comic. You read it right folks, a comic shop has to order FIVE HUNDRED COPIES to get these

well there goes the idea of getting all the covers, then. 500 copies is just mental!
since its IDW. Does that mean there's gonna be different covers for all the issues? not to mention the covers for all the spin offs and mini series that they seem to enjoy. :think:

COMMANDO FORCES

Just to clarify, each shop that orders 500 copies gets 500 of their own variant cover with their shops name on the front. So if I ordered 500 copies I would have my own 500 Cellar of Dredd variants :lol:

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Spikes

E-bay hunting for an over-priced (plus crazy postage) Carlos cover it is then.

SKD

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 29 August, 2012, 06:13:38 PM
Just to clarify, each shop that orders 500 copies gets 500 of their own variant cover with their shops name on the front. So if I ordered 500 copies I would have my own 500 Cellar of Dredd variants :lol:

Well, it looks as though you've got all your Christmas presents sorted this year then CF  ;)

Anybody not lucky enough to be on Commando Forces crimbo list then Forbidden Planet.com have the 1st issue to pre-order for £2.65 (RRP £2.90) So I'm assuming that the FP shops will also be stocking it too. I'm going to try and pop in to my local FP tomorrow and order one.

Stew.

Spikes

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 29 August, 2012, 06:13:38 PM

I see the original art for that cover is up for grabs. At $1100.00, it might be cheaper to buy that, instead of the comic!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Look, I know I am a thicker but how do I get this? Can I in some way pay to have it delivered? I'll lose track if when it is out otherwise

Ta
Lock up your spoons!