Main Menu

Judge Minty (Judge Dredd fan film)

Started by Steven Sterlacchini, 17 February, 2009, 10:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

Congratulations on the work so far. Looks outstanding. Very exciting.

I'm sure this has been discussed a thousand times on this board, but looking at those pics makes me wonder why Judges still appear in a blue costume in print? Or is the question: why do they appear in black in film? Should we just accept Judges as the boys and girls in (dark) blue. I know this has been a weird comic colouring convention for years (eg the Blue Black Panther) but seems no reason for it now.

Steve Green

It's just a convention, like Superman's hair have blue tints in it.

If you look at Ezquerra or Bolland colour Dredds they both keep it black, no blue at all.

Cheers,

Steve

LARF

Guys this looks amazing!!!!!

What are you doing about casting, I'd love to play a big gun toting Mutie!!!

:-)

Dandontdare

Hell yeah! If you need a bunch of extras to play cits, perps, muties, simps, dweebs, mooks, dunks, taps and pongos, then I'm sure everyone on this board would gladly step up!

Proudhuff

Funny, I was thinking along the same lines while looking around the Bar at HiEx! :D
DDT did a job on me

Steven Sterlacchini

Oh yes, we will need people for mutants and for the kovaks mob.

When we've got some firmer dates I'll put out a request for help.

Steve Green

We did discuss bringing the portable green screen down to Bristol for background characters on pedways etc. and then shoot some people against it.

The main thing is having the look like citizens rather than just comic fans in t-shirts :)

Richmond Clements

Quote from: "Steve ^McWild^ Green"We did discuss bringing the portable green screen down to Bristol for background characters on pedways etc. and then shoot some people against it.

The main thing is having the look like citizens rather than just comic fans in t-shirts :)

I shall wear my suit!

Steve Green

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "Steve ^McWild^ Green"The main thing is having the look like citizens rather than just comic fans in t-shirts :)

Well, you should all know by know that I've got the boots for the job.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JOE SOAP

Steve Green

:shock:

Thing is, I'm not sure you'd ever really get to see below the knees...

I need to have a chat with Steve and Dan about what the best approach is for Bristol - the portable screen is OK for the waist up, but it's a bit of a pain if you want to get the feet in.

Also if you want anyone walking, then you need a couple of people to carry the screen behind the person.

Got a couple of ideas though.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "Steve ^McWild^ Green":shock:

Thing is, I'm not sure you'd ever really get to see below the knees...

I need to have a chat with Steve and Dan about what the best approach is for Bristol - the portable screen is OK for the waist up, but it's a bit of a pain if you want to get the feet in.

Also if you want anyone walking, then you need a couple of people to carry the screen behind the person.

Got a couple of ideas though.

You could rotoscope everyone and be able utilise natural lighting etc. Caution: only use if you have the patience of a saint.

Steve Green

Yep, I could. But I'm not gonna. :) It would take too much time to justify - there will no doubt be some manualy rotoscoping for some hero shots, but I'm going to avoid it if I can.

I really want to get as many people as I can, shot separately with about a minute of each - you can get pretty good results from outdoor lighting, it's more a case of a big enough coloured background...

If only they were holding it at IKEA...

I, Cosh

Fabulous looking stuff there guys and count me in if you need any wild Cal Habbers living in a hole.

Keep It Minty!!
We never really die.